Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Avidity Arms PD10

Avidity Arms PD10

Did anyone see or get to handle the PD10 prototype at Shot? If so, what were your thoughts?

I like that it's G19 size single stack, decent sights/mags, and flat trigger, I just don't have a lot of confidence in Pincus building a mechanically accurate gun with his toolbagish critical dynamic incident type training. Could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Did anyone see or get to handle the PD10 prototype at Shot? If so, what were your thoughts?

I like that it's G19 size single stack, decent sights/mags, and flat trigger, I just don't have a lot of confidence in Pincus building a mechanically accurate gun with his toolbagish critical dynamic incident type training. Could be wrong.
    I am curious as well. Hopefully Rob's role is just limited to marketing as he does a good job at that, too good actually.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I wonder if the finish is capable of holding up to being rage thrown across gravel?
    Last edited by Casual Friday; 01-23-2016 at 02:41 PM.

I made a special trip down to the Eagle Imports/Bersa booth just to check it out (not sure the story behind why it was at that particular booth). The prototype is still pretty crude. The frame was machined from aluminum while the final product will be polymer, so it was difficult to get a feel for what the final product will be like. The trigger was also non-functional on the floor sample, so I couldn't try that either. The ergonomics seem nice enough. The grip is longer than I expected (I think the G19 is at least 1/2" shorter), but I guess it has to be in order to accommodate the 10-round 9mm 1911 magazines they're using. I saw Pincus later on that day and very briefly talked to him about it. He said they were pretty much set on using the 1911 mags from the beginning, mostly due to the expense and additional development time required to design their own magazine.

A couple of pics below -- one with my hand for scale (I have medium-small hands with long fingers).

The guy from Lucky Gunner

Looks long (phrasing)!!!

I'm going to pick one up though either way. $500 with good sights and mags is decent. I just really hope solid holsters will be available. Any idea of release date?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Looks long (phrasing)!!!

I'm going to pick one up though either way. $500 with good sights and mags is decent. I just really hope solid holsters will be available. Any idea of release date?
    Not sure, but he said they'll be pushing hard at the NRA show in May. I don't know whether that means they intend to have the final product ready to ship by then or just start marketing and taking orders.

Also forgot to mention... I believe it takes M&P front sights and Glock rear sights.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    "Your say your Caracal got recalled and the Steyr M9's just not obscure enough for you? Have we got the gun for you! Free beard comb and coupons for your local craft brewery in every box!"
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I think it looks like the defective child of a Sigma and an XD.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by LGChris View Post
    Also forgot to mention... I believe it takes M&P front sights and Glock rear sights.
    Lol wut? Why not one or the other? I bet this thing will be a massive enough failure to make folks on the internet forget about the Remington R51.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    ...make folks on the internet forget about the Remington R51.
    Never forget.

User Tag List