Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sticky Glock 43 Magazines

Sticky Glock 43 Magazines

Hello,

I recently purchased a new G43 and have been having difficulties with the magazines sticking as in I have to literally pull them out once the mag catch is depressed. Originally i just figured that i'd need to monkey with the mag catch and my dremel a bit to find the offending area. I pulled the mag catch and found that even without it in the equation the mags still require some force to be inserted and extracted. Has anyone else had similar issues with the G43 and sticky mags? Name:  IMG_1482.jpg
Views: 4238
Size:  46.1 KB

Is that your gun?

I am guessing the stipple job was done with the magazine out of the gun, which can warp the grip/mag well area and cause such issues.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

It is. The mag was doing the exact same thing prior to the stipple job. If that's the case it would certainly blow. I've done about a 15 or so other guns with the mags out and haven't had that issue. This is my first G43 stipple job though.
    Last edited by Steinimal; 01-23-2016 at 11:28 AM.

Try it left handed and see if it still sticks.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

I've tried the mag catch both ways. I have it oriented so I activate it with my right index finger.

Quote Originally Posted by Steinimal View Post
    I've tried the mag catch both ways. I have it oriented so I activate it with my right index finger.
    Just to clarify, holding the gun in your left hand and depressing the mag catch doesn't change anything?
    Julius Caesar

I haven't tried holding the gun in my left hand. I can try when I get back to my desk. I'm not sure if it'll change much since the issue is present when the mag catch is removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Steinimal View Post
    I haven't tried holding the gun in my left hand. I can try when I get back to my desk. I'm not sure if it'll change much since the issue is present when the mag catch is removed.
    I missed that in the original post. It's most likely not the issue I was thinking of.
    Julius Caesar

Mine is also sticky out of the box. I just plan to strip the mag during reloads.

Okie John

Wipe the magazine lightly with liquid silicone, it also works great in sticky holsters.

User Tag List