Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AAR - Rob Vadasz Master Class - January 2016, Florida

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I used to stand all the way back to the 50 myself; after years of doing that I'm starting to see the value of going prone at 50 with a metallic gun. Production gun I'm still 50/50 on it, but with a bigass base/magwell on the gun to ground it on, it does make a bit of sense. Hopefully I'll be able to get down to the Cup this year a little early and work my prone game.
    I could see how going prone might help in some cases, but I spend most of my time shooting standing up with both hands on the gun, and I was doing well with it after some coaching. I'll have to practice and see what pans out for the best.

BTW - Rob is a super nice guy will get after him to post contact/training info...

Bill Rogers had the nickname of "the flying squirrel" for his practice of going prone at 15 yards and beyond on Bianchi.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    I could see how going prone might help in some cases, but I spend most of my time shooting standing up with both hands on the gun, and I was doing well with it after some coaching. I'll have to practice and see what pans out for the best.

BTW - Rob is a super nice guy will get after him to post contact/training info...
    The big advantage of going prone is with open/metallic guns because you can build a base for them that allows you to ground the gun with a really stable platform. I'm kind of meh on prone for Production, because unless you've got really wide and flat basepads I don't think it has as many advantages as you'd get with Open/Lim guns.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    The big advantage of going prone is with open/metallic guns because you can build a base for them that allows you to ground the gun with a really stable platform. I'm kind of meh on prone for Production, because unless you've got really wide and flat basepads I don't think it has as many advantages as you'd get with Open/Lim guns.
    Make some pic-rail'd bases and put a mono-pod on there == Talk of the town at SHOT show!

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post

Yes please.

User Tag List