Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LEM Gurus a little help please

Definitely not a LEM guru here since I've only been working with my new P2000 for a couple weeks but good things happen when I do what CCT125US suggested by rolling through without stopping.

Ok so to clarify after the first shot if I reset under recoil I tend to shoot past the reset point a bit and what Im looking for clarification on is are you guys just pulling straight through from there or are you taking up the slack to the wall and pulling straight through from there. I tend to shoot better when I take up the slack but I'm a beginner at this and if its something I should correct I want to address it before it becomes to much of a training scare.

It depends on the difficulty of a shot. If it is an open target, I run through the trigger travel. It is a harder shot, I will run through the takeup but manipulate trigger more carefully once I get to the bump. I try to never stop applying the pressure although from the outside it may seem like I do on harder targets.
    I shoot LEM as if I shoot a Glock with a huge takeup. My personal experience is that treating LEM like a DA on each and every target is one of the worst mistakes with this trigger.
    Last edited by YVK; 01-22-2016 at 08:03 AM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

^^ do this ^^. YVK saved me some phone tapping.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

No need to type....YVK nailed it.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    No need to type....YVK nailed it.
    Yup

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    It depends on the difficulty of a shot. If it is an open target, I run through the trigger travel. It is a harder shot, I will run through the takeup but manipulate trigger more carefully once I get to the bump. I try to never stop applying the pressure although from the outside it may seem like I do on harder targets.
    I shoot LEM as if I shoot a Glock with a huge takeup. My personal experience is that treating LEM like a DA on each and every target is one of the worst mistakes with this trigger.
    This is how I work the trigger and train my department. We are issued the P30 V1 9mm, and the above described method works.

Thanks this clear things up kind of makes sense to treat it differently depending on the situation. Let the dry fire continue.

Quote Originally Posted by The Apprentice View Post
    Thanks this clear things up kind of makes sense to treat it differently depending on the situation. Let the dry fire continue.
    IMO, just about the only way to learn LEM is via live fire. Dry firing doesn't quite teach the reset unless you have somebody running the slide.

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    IMO, just about the only way to learn LEM is via live fire. Dry firing doesn't quite teach the reset unless you have somebody running the slide.
    Totally agree. I first saw the LEM in 2004, when a pal scored one of the FFDO pistols HK was selling to bona fide commercial pilots. Like most, I was rather unimpressed at first; but after I got a couple of hundred rounds through it (I shot it that much at my pal's insistence- otherwise I would stayed a Glock-o-phile), the light dawned.

I've been Glock-free, more or less, ever since.

User Tag List