Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LEM Gurus a little help please

LEM Gurus a little help please

So I was woundering if anyone has a video on how the manipulate the trigger and could post it. I have read through the threads and really dont quite understand how to treat the secound shot. The first I think I get I just pull it like I would any other DA. Subsequent shots I try to reset under recoil but if I try to just pull through from there I'm all over but if I take up the slack and squeeze I shoot much better. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Apprentice View Post
    So I was woundering if anyone has a video on how the manipulate the trigger and could post it. I have read through the threads and really dont quite understand how to treat the secound shot. The first I think I get I just pull it like I would any other DA. Subsequent shots I try to reset under recoil but if I try to just pull through from there I'm all over but if I take up the slack and squeeze I shoot much better. Thanks
    Since Darryl is busy at SHOT, YVK is out of the country, and Jody out cruising in his new Tundra, I will take a stab at this. What has worked for me, is to say out loud "law enforcement modification" between shots.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Please forgive GJM, he has a love / hate relationship with the LEM.
    I roll right through the wall. I reset in recoil in the sense that the slack is being taken up, and when the sights settle I can break the shot. I do keep contact with the trigger (because coming off would allow one to yell "law enforcement modification")

Try this for working the trigger at speed.
    With the pistol unloaded, and no ammo present, in a designated dry fire area, place a rubber band between the breach face and barrel hood. This allows you to work the trigger without cycling the slide. Practice running the trigger while keeping the sights aligned on target. Name:  tmp_20160121_2057062009449440.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  52.5 KB
    Taking a break from social media.

While I don't think there is just one right way, CCT makes an excellent point about a technique that minimizes trigger travel. Conversely, if you flip and press with the LEM, you get the same long travel on successive shots you get on shot one.

I was just looking for a reason to say law enforcement modification, as for years I thought is was law enforcement module.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Cool trick with the rubber band thanks. GJM when you are say "law enforcement modification" is it said like Frank Costanza "serenity now" or more of a daily affirmation

I don't know if GJM is going to get the Seinfeld reference, I don't think he watches a lot of TV. One show he does watch though, is Quantico, in order to research cutting edge law enforcement TTPs and equipment.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

I treat it like any other trigger.. press through shot, reset, press through shot and try not to fuck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I treat it like any other trigger.. press through shot, reset, press through shot and try not to fuck it up.
    This. Don't concentrate so much on the feel of the trigger, just accelerate through the bump.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    This. Don't concentrate so much on the feel of the trigger, just accelerate through the bump.
    I think the lem is a great trigger. not heavy, not light, but smooth until a predictable wall. Press through wall like any other trigger, reset, press. People emphasis triggers and feel way to much, like SC said to me on the phone the other day, you can overcome them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Apprentice View Post
    Cool trick with the rubber band thanks.
    I also find it allows you to uncover any sympathetic movement in the hand. Experiment with an adequate release vs. hitting the inside front of the trigger guard with your trigger finger. Notice how the gun moves and what muscle tension occurs in your hand. Realize that movement translates into live fire but is masked by recoil.
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List