Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: LEM Gurus a little help please

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    does the 4.1 have shorter reset, or shorter pre-travel (initial take up)? I thought it was the latter, and the reset stayed the same.
    You are correct - shorter pre travel. The 4.1 parts are supposed to be available in the U.S. soon, if they are not already.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I find learning on the V2 works well and then putting...
    This is about what I do. I find that setting the gun up for a heavy pull weight helps developing trigger control. This is a general position, be them HKs, Berettas or 1911s, and I put heaviest springs in my guns periodically for both live and dry fire, several weeks at a time. This is stolen from Gabe's playbook who used to work with 10+ lbs Glock triggers. Some stupendous gamers do this too.

However, for everyday carry and games I set mine for absolutely the lightest pull that still reliably ignites primers. I've tested all possible combinations of springs, for heavier takeup, heavier wall, stronger reset and my times and hits have universally been better with lightest trigger pull. I can see it especially clearly when working at 25 yards. I know it is not too original but it is what it is. So this is what I do.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    .....However, for everyday carry and games I set mine for absolutely the lightest pull that still reliably ignites primers. I've tested all possible combinations of springs, for heavier takeup, heavier wall, stronger reset and my times and hits have universally been better with lightest trigger pull. I can see it especially clearly when working at 25 yards. I know it is not too original but it is what it is. So this is what I do.
    I'd love to do this; our 9mm 1911s are all 3 lb. triggers and could be lower but we're not good enough to take full advantage in competition. Unfortunately, we live in California so any trigger modification is grounds for having one's CCW revoked and we have no protection against civil suit in a self-defense situation even if the actual is ruled to be justifiable; trigger modifications would be the first thing the plaintiff's lawyer would go after. We are moving to Idaho end of this year and life will be better.

Logically, the need for the best tool probably outweighs the potential downside of a modified trigger, but we're very paranoid in CA.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    You are correct - shorter pre travel. The 4.1 parts are supposed to be available in the U.S. soon, if they are not already.
    I plan on putting this in my P30L's with the LEM's and Ambi safety's. Should be nice in those guns.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    When you Technically that sort of mod to a CCW pistol are you talking about liability concerns a la - Mas Ayoob ? There is no such legal requirement I'm aware of even in CA.

Right; but it can become an issue in the civil proceedings that follow a shooting. Case in point; a deputy I know personally was involved in a wrongful death deal. Absolutely no ill intent on his part; he got bit by the flex/reflex monster, and the decedent contributed to his demise by being a dumbass. The grand jury quickly returned a No True Bill decision.

But that "skimmer" trigger in his G34 added another zero to the check his agency will be writing to the decedent's family. Because of a semi-savvy plaintiff's attorney.

So, I am NOT dissing the HK system, or any system, in this regard. I AM saying don't dismiss such concerns as fanciful… trust me, they are real.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Right; but it can become an issue in the civil proceedings that follow a shooting. Case in point; a deputy I know personally was involved in a wrongful death deal. Absolutely no ill intent on his part; he got bit by the flex/reflex monster, and the decedent contributed to his demise by being a dumbass. The grand jury quickly returned a No True Bill decision.

But that "skimmer" trigger in his G34 added another zero to the check his agency will be writing to the decedent's family. Because of a semi-savvy plaintiff's attorney.

So, I am NOT dissing the HK system, or any system, in this regard. I AM saying don't dismiss such concerns as fanciful… trust me, they are real.

If it is the case I am thinking of, they were lucky to get a no bill and only one zero. In another part of the country, it could have been far worse.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

So I managed to make it to the range and run through around 200 rounds, kept it simple did a bunch of press outs from high ready and fire 2. First shot for the most part was right on but there was a fair amount of el snatcho on the follow up. While I was at the range I wanted to run a few rounds through my p-07 cause I had swapped some springs, which was a bad idea. I knew that it probably would be so I saved 100 to shoot after the CZ. The second round with the hk started of very ugly so I went back to basics and finished off just doing ball and dummy which helped a lot. It did lead to a lot of dry fire I think out of the last 50 or so rounds of ball and dummy I ended up with 300 or so dry fires but I managed to keep the last 50 on the 3 of a dot torture target at 5 yards. Going forward I'm swearing off my other guns at least until after the end of October and my covert carry class with Mike Pannone. Thanks for all the help.

It sounds like you are having an issue many do with the LEM. You are shooting with slack in the trigger. When you get to the end of the "movement" of the trigger, this is where the real slack is and needs to be taken up before you get into the actual working parts. Same with the reset, you need to get the little bit of slack out as these guns do not have the short reset right at the break many pistols do. It takes some time to get used to.
    I have found in actual shooting and crisis events tactile feel diminishes and visual acuity increases. All the movement in the LEM, along with the ability to see the trigger press in the hammer movement is all beneficial in a LE type encounter, but not as much so when working a planned shooting event (drills, training, and sport). As many have shown, it can be mastered,but its a time and practice thing.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post

True but the V1 and V4 are factory parts in service in issued LE guns and sold by the factory for Duty / carry use.

They are not the same as an aftermarket trigger or even the same as a factory / trigger part like a 3.5 lb Glock Minus connector set up which the factory specifically recommends for Competition use only. I would not recommend either of those for the exact reasons you cite.

It's an apples to oranges comparison. A better comparison for the LEM V1/V2/V4 would be between a standard 5.5lb Glock trigger vs an 8lb NY trigger vs a Minus connector /NY spring combo whic reults in a "full weight" / 5.5 lb trigger with a different feel..

I think a Glock OEM minus is more like 4.5 in a Gen. 3 and 5 in s Gen 4.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List