Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 357 carry revolver

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I would look at something else, most likely. 3 or 4" M65 used is still reasonable, compared to other models.

No J frame will comfortably handle magnums, where the K's will do what you are looking to do.
    That's the best place to start IMO.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Thanks for all the input. Buds has a three inch j frame in the rental section so I'll give that one a whirl with .38 and .357. I will also be looking at the K frame market.
    Until I did some research I didn't realize the number after 65 meant the model year. I thought it meant the barrel length, Are there any particular models that are recommended over others?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Model 65 is a fixed sighted SS K frame .357. The Model 13 is it's blued counterpart.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I would also consider the Ruger GP!00. SP101, esp. the Wiley Clapp GP100.

If I was gonna carry a revolver today, it would probably be this...
    http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...TALO+Exclusive

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post
    If I was gonna carry a revolver today, it would probably be this...
    http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...TALO+Exclusive
    Ditto.

Site Supporter
    I just recently picked up a Ruger LCR .357, with the tamer grip 125 grain .357s were not that bad.
    Other then having to build up the "J-frame callous" in the web of my hand again ~75 rounds was doable.

Buds this Saturday for sure...unless I am snowed in. So what is the deal with older Smiths and no parts availability no warranty and will they even work on them?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    Buds this Saturday for sure...unless I am snowed in. So what is the deal with older Smiths and no parts availability no warranty and will they even work on them?
    I didn't think it a problem. I spoke to their CS/Performance center live a few weeks back about sending in an old pre-Model 27 for timing and fix as necessary. We explicitly talked of this gun dating back into the '50's and the fellow who sounded pretty sharp didn't bat an eye about that.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    Most of the time it is not an issue. I mentioned Smith's because I'm partial to the older ones, but any of the similar Ruger offerings would not cause me to hesitate. There is definitely something to buying a current production gun, and the Ruger's offer a lot.

User Tag List