Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 357 carry revolver

Name:  60 pro.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  63.0 KB
    On sale at ky Gun Co $639 cash. They had 4 this am. Now they only have three.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Congrats that's a beauty! Model?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    Name:  60 pro.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  63.0 KB
    On sale at ky Gun Co $639 cash. They had 4 this am. Now they only have three.
    Good choice! That should be a fine carry gun.

If it didn't come with that infernal lock, they would have two of them.

Model 60 Pro, correct? I looked at them, but bailed thanks to the lock.

Plug is available. Not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    If it didn't come with that infernal lock, they would have two of them.

Model 60 Pro, correct? I looked at them, but bailed thanks to the lock.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

My understanding was that the guy on Smith and Wesson forums was on hiatus. Has that changed?

I have installed the Plug on a pair of J frames, and they work well. I'd just rather not do it if I don't have to, and am negotiating on a old 3" Model 36 right now.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    Plug is available. Not a big deal.
    Plug still mars the looks, doesn't prevent accidental engagement, nor erase the memory of why it's there for some of us. I like pre-hole S&W and post-lawyer billboard Rivers. Tastes vary.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Plug... doesn't prevent accidental engagement...

Sure it does. It replaces the entire lock mechanism. Of course, one should remove the "flag" as well, but I don't think it (the flag) will fit in there with a Plug clipped in place.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Sure it does. It replaces the entire lock mechanism. Of course, one should remove the "flag" as well, but I don't think it (the flag) will fit in there with a Plug clipped in place.

I'm pretty sure you know way more about this than me, but I thought you had to grind off the tab, the flag that I think you're referring to.

Regardless, I just can't buy one with a hole. Nothing against those who do, I'm sure it'll be a great gun. Just isn't for me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Another preferential recommendation for Rugers-particularly their GP100 models. I think that for carry in particular there's a lot to be said for the GP100 Match Champions, with either the Novak Lo-Mount fixed rear sight or the Ruger adjustable rear sight. While their 3" GP variants are very nice (both in the standard stainless offering and the Wiley Clapp versions), having previously concurrently owned both a 3" and a 4" GP, I found that the additional barrel length of the 4" (I guess now 4.2") gives more velocity and sight plane, without sacrificing much at all in drawability and carry comfort; I think the longer tube gives greater flexibility (but the 3" is still an excellent gun, that gainsaid).

I would also consider replacing the full-size grips currently OEM with all GP100s with the recently re-available compact grip from shopruger.com; it was originally the OEM grip for the fixed-sight GP100s, and is much more convenient to carry (especially if carrying concealed), and there's sufficient length and surface grip area to provide for a very secure grip. See: http://shopruger.com/Rubber-Grips-wi...uctinfo/70084/

Best, Jon

^^^WOW - just beautiful firearms - thanks for the great pictures! somedaysomeday

User Tag List