Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 357 carry revolver

357 carry revolver

I keep reading the threads here about revolvers and it makes me really want one. The problem is I don't know much about revolvers. I'd like to get one to carry on a belt not for pocket carry. I have been looking at the Model 60 Pro. Tritium front, adjustable rear, went through the Pro Shop but I am really not sure what they have done to it and nice grips. I would probably change the grip out for a full three finger set of grips that encloses the back strap because I have a pretty big hand. I like that its a stainless model, a three inch barrel and that its covered by warranty.
    I would be interested to hear from you experienced revolver guys about this dilemma I find myself in. Is this a good choice or are there options I should consider.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Are you looking for a carry revolver capable of shooting .357, or a revolver you plan to routinely shoot .357 out of? Depending upon your answer, you may choose something different.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I would say capable but not shoot .357 a lot. Carry .357 yes.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Are you looking for a carry revolver capable of shooting .357, or a revolver you plan to routinely shoot .357 out of? Depending upon your answer, you may choose something different.
    Last edited by UNK; 01-20-2016 at 08:38 PM.

What length barrel?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I would look at something else, most likely. 3 or 4" M65 used is still reasonable, compared to other models.

No J frame will comfortably handle magnums, where the K's will do what you are looking to do.

The 60 model has a three inch barrel. I was just looking at the website ballistics by the inch. http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/357mag.html There is quite a drop in velocity from 4" to three inch. In the real world does that make a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What length barrel?

I just did some research on that model. I see your point.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I would look at something else, most likely. 3 or 4" M65 used is still reasonable, compared to other models.

No J frame will comfortably handle magnums, where the K's will do what you are looking to do.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    I just did some research on that model. I see your point.
    The K-frame also gives you 6 rounds instead of 5. Since you have big hands, you want to shoot .357 and you want belt carry, the bigger gun is a better bet.

I shot a new Model 66 (4.25") shortly before leaving my previous employer. With full power 158gr 357, it was very pleasant to shoot.

Site Supporter
    You could get a Kimber K6
    Name:  lol-guy.jpg
Views: 1337
Size:  41.2 KB

In failing that, I really like the looks of the Wiley Clapp Ruger SP101s
    Last edited by 45dotACP; 01-21-2016 at 01:33 AM.

User Tag List