Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JM Custom Kydex AIWB options

JM Custom Kydex AIWB options

Hey everyone, not sure if this has been asked before I tried looking around and searching. What options is everyone using on their JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster? Such as sweat guard, extra tuck, clip/loop, and ride height. Also if you could explain a bit why you chose those options as I have never had one of their holsters. Thanks! Also I will be carrying a Glock 17 if that makes any difference.

I have gone through quite a few different platforms/ JM holsters in the past three years. This is what I have now:

-P2000 length (carry a p2000 and 2000sk)
    -full sweat shield
    -soft loops
    -wedge kit

Full sweat shield because I find it keeps the sights from digging into me. This is important because the wedge kit he sells really brings the gun into the body and the muzzle away from the body (which i think is important because the gun never points at my fun parts). I like soft loops because they flex with my body, I removed some of the mounting hardware and it made them sit flat. I have found that I even like fixed soft loops because they flex with my body.

My current carry pistol is a G19;

- G17 holster (extra length is more comfortable for me, and less likely to "roll" over the top of belt when moving around a lot)
    - extra tuck (works really well)
    - full sweat guard (cuz SE Texas heat)
    - 1.5" split loop, standard ride height (a lot of my pants have belt loops in the wrong place, so this is necessary for me)
    - custom grip tuck (I wanted less than standard after using a standard configuration G19 version for a couple of years, current setup increases concealment for me)
    - bright yellow color (helps me safely reholster more easily in low light situations while wearing darker clothes)
    - matching G17 mag holder

Attachment 5546
    Last edited by texasaggie2005; 01-19-2016 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    My current carry pistol is a G19;

- G17 holster (extra length is more comfortable for me, and less likely to "roll" over the top of belt when moving around a lot)
    - extra tuck (works really well)
    - full sweat guard (cuz SE Texas heat)
    - 1.5" split loop, standard ride height (a lot of my pants have belt loops in the wrong place, so this is necessary for me)
    - custom grip tuck (I wanted less than standard after using a standard configuration G19 version for a couple of years, current setup increases concealment for me)
    - bright yellow color (helps me safely reholster more easily in low light situations while wearing darker clothes)
    - matching G17 mag holder

Attachment 5546
    I really, like really like that mag pouch.

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    - custom grip tuck (I wanted less than standard after using a standard configuration G19 version for a couple of years, current setup increases concealment for me)]
    Is this like the George now?
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Is this like the George now?
    Kinda. I think mine is less than standard, but more than the "George" has.

Thank you breakingtime and texasaggie for your input. Anyone else have any other comments on what I should get any why, have seen some things on get the extra tuck, or not and the new wedge kit seems like it may be a better option so that I can customize that.

I had a JMCK AIWB holster briefly. I bought it from member on glocktalk.com. It had the extra tuck feature. I am a thin guy and the wedge was too much for me and I found the extra tuck quite uncomfortable. This was early on in my AIWB experience and I might have been able to find a sweet spot for that holster if I knew then what I know now. I have not tried one yet but I think the George with no extra tuck would suit me very well. One of those for a G17 is on my wishlist for my G19.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Skold View Post
    Thank you breakingtime and texasaggie for your input. Anyone else have any other comments on what I should get any why, have seen some things on get the extra tuck, or not and the new wedge kit seems like it may be a better option so that I can customize that.
    Skold, I would definitely recommend the neoprene wedge over the extra tuck as it is universally more comfortable and concealable for a broader range of people, plus you can "customize" to fit your needs if you need to. Get the full guard (standard now with rear sight protection) as you can send it back for me to trim to mid or none, but I can't add material if you get a mid or none. If you get it in .093 thick kydex you will get two sets of holes in the holster body for ride height adjustments and cant adjustments. All the belt loops are interchangeable but the fixed kydex loops (split or solid) will give you the most adjustments. If have any questions, shoot me an email at sales@jmcustomkydex.com, I will get that quicker than here. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

My latest (George) 17 length with 19 wedge, was an attempt to reduce the overall thickness that my first (regular AIWB) had at the belt line. The latest one has the two sets of pre-drilled holes for ride height adjustment, but am not sure if Tony is making both models that way now. I'm 5'8", 160lbs. with no beer belly. For a g19.

(First, Black) AIWB was ordered with:
    -17 length
    -17 wedge
    -moulded extra tuck
    -kydex split loops
    This is a very comfortable holster with the mounded extra tuck, but I wanted to see if eliminating the molded extra tuck, and going with a smaller 19 wedge would thin it out.

(Latest, Grey) George AIWB ordered with:
    -17 length
    -19 wedge
    -No extra tuck
    -kydex split loops
    This was fitted with Tony's older style foam tucking wedge. Newer foam looks to be much more contoured.
    I found that the foam kit almost worked too well, and after seeing the "gel" heel cup thread, found myself lurking at the foot care section at Walmart for something not as thick.
    I've since been wearing it with a women's 8-10 sized gel heel cup. The women's sized gel heel cup inserts are shorter than the men's in overall length, reducing the overall thickness of the combo at the belt line, while still providing some tuck.

If you can tolerate the added bulk, the mounded extra tuck does feel more comfortable than adding either the foam kit, or gel heel cups. Hard to describe, but it doesn't seem to grab at undershirts and underwear as much as the foam. However in my case, the ability to change the thickness with foam/gel cups was worthwhile.
    Sorting all these option can be maddening. Hope this helps someone.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    It doesn’t have to be fun to be fun ― Mark Twight

User Tag List