Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Range Bag sucks!

I use the same bag as my duty bag, 5.11 patrol bag http://goo.gl/MtbMrr. Its big, roomy and you probably cant fill it even if you tried. Ohh and it has a shoulder sling.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Can't fill them? I have a similar one and that thing is crammed to the brim with ammo, magazines, brass, candy, jerky, etc. Basically every single thing I'll ever not need for a pistol match
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    I use the Midway bag's. I have one as a GP bag for stuff I use every range session, one set up for pistols and one for rifles. Works out pretty good.

The giant midway bag lives in my trunk with all the odds and ends. A maxped compact (http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/...-Bag-p1583.htm) goes to the line with me, with the basics.
    Ignore Alien Orders

I use the MTM 2 pistol case as a dedicated gun case. It's big enough for a M&P FS with holster 2 double mag pouches and 5 mags (one in the gun). Cutting the foam is a PITA but can be done.

I use the same cases as "squad boxes" for the USPSA matches I run. They're barely big enough for four boxes of pasters (2 brown, 1 white, 1 black) stapler, timer, spare staples and a 2 way radio for squads to communicate. One of the squad boxes travels with me to the range.

I reserve the range bag for eye and ear pro, speed loader, ammo boxes and other gear.

Vertx A-Range Bag if all I'm doing is shooting pistol from concealment. Plenty of room in the top compartment for medical, tape, staples and stapler, timer, spare batteries, etc. Training pistol goes in the slot pocket. The trays in the garage are used for my training mags and loose ammo.

If I'm shooting my duty rig, that gets transported in an ASO Bag from RE Factor Tactical. If I'm shooting rifle, the long guns are in a Tactical Tailor Covert Carry Case and loaded mags in an MTM Mag Can.

Yeah, that escalated quickly. I've thought about putting together one massive range bag based out of something like an LBT deployment bag, but I like being able to scale up and down based on what I'm shooting, even if that means loading the car takes a little longer. If all you're doing is shooting from concealment, you can't go wrong with the Vertx bag.

Before upgrading to the A-Range, I got several years of good service from Larue's Range Bag. It's a good option, and I didn't come close to wearing it out, but it doesn't have quite as much built-in organization as the Vertx product.

User Tag List