Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MRO

Been happy with mine so far. Bluish tint is nearly identical to the T1's I've owned and not distracting at all. I don't notice the fisheye effect at all. All non-magnified optics have some amount of parallax from what I have seen when shooting beyond 50yds.

When the temp goes above zero here I will test my MRO @ 100yds to see how much parallax affects POI.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Add fragile battery compartment components and the fact that it is a MAGNIFIED sight (despite their claims), which brings in parallax issues among other things. Like was said by Unobtanium, it's good competition for the Chinese junk.
    Trijicon does not claim it is not magnified. They instead claim that it IS a magnified optic.

I feel that the MRO I bought last September was a solid upgrade from my Aimpoint H1. None of the purported issues have impacted my shooting in any measurable way, so I'm going to carry on with it until it fails.

FWIW, Trijicon has a addressed the reported issues, and their explanations jive with the results Digital_Damage on M4C found when he tested the MRO against a T1.

I ordered an MRO in September and received same in November. It sat in the safe until late December and when I retrieved same to mount on rifle to T&E it would not work. I changed the battery thinking it may be old and or detefective and same would still not work. I returned same for a full refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly21 View Post
    I ordered an MRO in September and received same in November. It sat in the safe until late December and when I retrieved same to mount on rifle to T&E it would not work. I changed the battery thinking it may be old and or detefective and same would still not work. I returned same for a full refund.
    I have also heard this complaint elsewhere. There's a LEO armorer on another site (can't remember which) that's had 4 out 24(ish) agency MRO's go tits up, one of which was found DOA when replacing another broken unit. That's approaching a 20% failure rate, within their unit examples. He's working with Trijicon on the issues, and he says they've been responsive. Could be a bad run, who knows, but I'm not ready to buy one as of yet.

I. am. disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    I have also heard this complaint elsewhere. There's a LEO armorer on another site (can't remember which) that's had 4 out 24(ish) agency MRO's go tits up, one of which was found DOA when replacing another broken unit. That's approaching a 20% failure rate, within their unit examples. He's working with Trijicon on the issues, and he says they've been responsive. Could be a bad run, who knows, but I'm not ready to buy one as of yet.

I. am. disappoint.
    You find a sight DOA using it to replace another site that is dead, and it's not a "bad run", it's "terrible QA/QC".

The only issue I've had (this popped up during a low-light carbine class), is that it isn't the greatest at night. Even on an outdoor range, after several rounds, the blue tint on the MRO made it quite difficult to see through the smoke......noticeably more difficult than through my Comp M2 or M4. In all fairness, I've never even looked through an Aimpoint Micro for comparison, but those are my observations. Bottom line is that my 30mm Aimpoints are staying on my "go to" carbines, while the MRO is going to get stuck onto something that has a much less serious use.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    The only issue I've had (this popped up during a low-light carbine class), is that it isn't the greatest at night. Even on an outdoor range, after several rounds, the blue tint on the MRO made it quite difficult to see through the smoke......noticeably more difficult than through my Comp M2 or M4. In all fairness, I've never even looked through an Aimpoint Micro for comparison, but those are my observations. Bottom line is that my 30mm Aimpoints are staying on my "go to" carbines, while the MRO is going to get stuck onto something that has a much less serious use.
    I like the pro much more then a micro... so I know what you mean

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    So, do you feel the blue tint makes the MRO darker at night, or was the difficulty only due to the smoke? I'm considering an MRO to replace a T2 that I feel is too dark at night without using a white light. If it can't perform any better, I'm not interested.

Maybe I should look harder at a Pro, although I'm not interested in stocking a third type of battery.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    So, do you feel the blue tint makes the MRO darker at night, or was the difficulty only due to the smoke? I'm considering an MRO to replace a T2 that I feel is too dark at night without using a white light. If it can't perform any better, I'm not interested.
    It was fine for a few rounds, but once you got through about 8 or so, it seems as if the tint and the smoke are almost the same color. Instead of being able to see the smoke and what was through it, it was like trying to look through an opaque liquid. I will point out that the stage that it occurred on (positional shooting through the cut-outs in a V-Tac board) had the target at 100 yards, and that at HD distances it would've probably been fine.......but I ran the stage back to back, MRO then Comp M4 (same ammo, same lube on the carbines, same gas system, same light on the guns), and the M4 was noticeably clearer.

User Tag List