Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MRO

MRO

Now that its been out for a little while, hows it working out?

I like mine. The dot is very crisp, and the field of view is a little bigger than my T1.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Nice, this is a subject I have been pondering for a couple weeks. I've used my T2 twice for hunting, and simply find it too dark in failing light without supplementing with a white light, which is a no-go. I looked through my bosses MRO when it was delivered to our office, and it has a much broader FOV, so I'm thinking it will be a better option.

Thanks for posting this BT.

Seeing lots of issues reported elsewhere.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Seeing lots of issues reported elsewhere.
    Same here. Like anything made by Trijicon, it is reported to be reliable and durable. The problems that I have read are that it isn't a true 1x and has some distortion at times as though it were a 1.1-1.2. When a 3x magnifier is put behind it that distortion seems to get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauptmann View Post
    Same here. Like anything made by Trijicon, it is reported to be reliable and durable. The problems that I have read are that it isn't a true 1x and has some distortion at times as though it were a 1.1-1.2. When a 3x magnifier is put behind it that distortion seems to get worse.
    That is among the biggest complaints long with the too blue tint and fragile battery contacts. Not sure if I mentioned it here or not but I was actually going to buy one at the LGS when the store owner put the battery in to show me and broke two contacts off. That being said I know a guy who has 4 of them and really likes them. Interestingly he broke some contacts off of his as well.

I didn't have any trouble installing the battery. I suppose I'm used to working with small parts but it didn't seem that hard.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I have one and have been beating it up every chance i get. No issues so far. Not as crisp of a rds as a t2 though, but for what you get and what you pay, its a steal.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I looked through one at a Nightfighter course. It's good competition for some crap out of China, I guess. I've become increasingly anti-Trijicon after the SRS, especially VCOG, and now the abortion that is the MRO? THAT one didn't win me back over, lol!

-Notable fish-eye
    -Very blue tint
    -Small amount of phoria
    -general internet reports of them shitting the bed, which, I normally would discount if all of the other internet "problems" weren't also readily manifest when I used it.

The dot was decently round. Yay.

In short, I view the MRO like I do Cooper sports-car tires. Really shitty options...made in 'Murica! I love me some American-made, but I'd like high quality stuff, so I'll pass.
    Last edited by Unobtanium; 01-18-2016 at 08:41 PM.

Site Supporter
    Add fragile battery compartment components and the fact that it is a MAGNIFIED sight (despite their claims), which brings in parallax issues among other things. Like was said by Unobtanium, it's good competition for the Chinese junk.
    Last edited by Wayne Dobbs; 01-18-2016 at 08:59 PM.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

User Tag List