Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Never overspend on targets!

I use a blank piece of cardboard and fire one shot, then use the bullet hole as the target. Because I'm the coolest of zen shooters.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    The goal of the average shooter at the average shooting range is to turn money into smoke and noise. Hits are irrelevant, and they aren't trying to get better. They are just enjoying the act of shooting for the sake of shooting.
    Many gun owners fall into this category. Hell, I was in this category for months until I actually decided to move past smoke, noise and the few, random holes in paper. I recall my own surprise the first time I could empty a magazine onto a 7-yd target and hit with every round. TRUE.

Ahhh, memories......

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I use a blank piece of cardboard and fire one shot, then use the bullet hole as the target. Because I'm the coolest of zen shooters.
    I do that too when I'm feeling lazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mizer67 View Post
    OK, feel free to flame me but I usually live with two targets for a range session of 120-150 rounds due to ~30 minute target change intervals.

Each one is a 5-bull target, and I shoot either ~3.5" circles for 25 yards or ~2" circles for 17 yards and 10 yards (the minimum distance at my range).
    Nothing wrong with that, especially if you're choosing targets that allow you to make good use of the time and distance limitations.

The Q-PT target remains my favorite, and would be well suited to minimal target changes. I keep a separate stock of B8 replacement centers for other drills, and of course printed targets from P-T.com as needed. The Q-PT is already fairly cluttered, but if a ghost/subdued B8 grading rings were added to the center of mass that would be superb. You know......something that I can still score with, but doesn't stand out at 7+ yards on an already cluttered target.
    Last edited by TGS; 01-19-2016 at 05:16 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I always have a stack of B8 centers and 2" shoot-n-see stickers in my trunk. I usually have some full-sized cardboard targets (IDPA, Riposte-2, or FAM), one or two cardboard picture targets, and some weatherproof targets in there as well when I'm active at an outdoor range (which I haven't been since I left KC).

User Tag List