Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Tactical Cargo Pants

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Aren't you the guy who said we should buy better clothes?
    Well, compared to the people getting mistaken for the homeless!
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    Well, compared to the people getting mistaken for the homeless!
    That was more tongue in cheek than true. What I'm really trying not to look like is an off duty cop or an on duty investigator. Years ago I went to a big LE shoot with some other guys. We went into a restaurant and immediately made some cops waiting in line. One of them walked over to us and asked us if we were there for the shoot.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    That was more tongue in cheek than true. What I'm really trying not to look like is an off duty cop or an on duty investigator. Years ago I went to a big LE shoot with some other guys. We went into a restaurant and immediately made some cops waiting in line. One of them walked over to us and asked us if we were there for the shoot.
    The original post was also more tongue in cheek than true, but that's no reason not to fight anout it. This is the Internet!
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Tru-spec lightweight 24-7 pant is my latest favorite. The 5.11 pocket design and how they ride up when you sit down never suited me. I like the light weight blend fabrics over the cotton versions. Durable and stain resistant and they don't shrink.
    Last edited by EMC; 01-17-2016 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I haven't used the pants you linked to, and they look nice. I used to have a professional agreement with MK, but I've stopped using them because they all shrank really badly, and the "triple stitched" hems wore out very quickly. Same with some expensive tops I had from them. They pilled fast, and got holes pretty easily. I know others love their stuff, so it is what it is.
    I recently got a pair of the pants Ubervic linked to and I love them. They fit great, feel comfortable, and actually look okay (not tactical). The negatives are that the cargo pocket on the right side has a single button closure without a flap so I think it's useless and the rear pockets are kind of shallow. I've caught my wallet having fallen out on more than one occasion when getting up from my seat at a restaurant. I also haven't had them long enough to need to wash them so I can't comment about them shrinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    All your pants dreams come true.... Cargo sweat pants.

http://m.duluthtrading.com/store/pro...?src=T13WRTGTI

I have been really liking the Tru Spec pants over the past few years. They fit me far, far better than the 5.11s, hide and ankle or pocket gun better, are more durable, and my OD green pants are shockingly resistant to being covered in deer blood and still coming clean.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I haven't used the pants you linked to, and they look nice. I used to have a professional agreement with MK, but I've stopped using them because they all shrank really badly, and the "triple stitched" hems wore out very quickly. Same with some expensive tops I had from them. They pilled fast, and got holes pretty easily. I know others love their stuff, so it is what it is.
    I'm 100% on board with this. Currently waiting on MK to ship me a replacement pair of jeans where the front pocket interior completely ripped like it was paper.

At pro price they look nice but I cannot believe the durability issues I've run into with the brand as a whole. At least their CS is good about replacing things. Haven't had an issue with shrinking, myself.

I also get what you mean about the "cheapness" of Carhartt from an appearance standpoint, though they'd certainly held up pretty well over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    All your pants dreams come true.... Cargo sweat pants.

http://m.duluthtrading.com/store/pro...?src=T13WRTGTI
    Totally screams gainfully employed.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Good info folks. Every time I post a topic I cringe thinking everyone is going to think I'm crazy- and then it turns out everyone on here is just as crazy (or forward thinking!) as I am. Didn't even think to run the search function. Thanks ST911 for posting the several links to similar topics.

Never heard of TAD. I'll check them out. Cargo pockets are must for me but that's just my goofy thing. As with many topics on these forums, it comes down to personal preference and "ymmv" but what I appreciate is no one is really judgmental on this site. It's refreshing. Thanks guys.

On a slightly off topic. Artemas said he gets a kick out of the EDC pics. I was starting to have a conversation with a navy shrink about neuroplasticity and military/LE world a few weeks ago. Look it up if you're bored. Basically, if you have been taught to think this way and do it a lot those neurons will bond together and strengthen. In other words, our jobs may make us more negative and believe the end of the world is coming at any second. So the next time your wives roll their eyes at all of your EDC and tacticool pants you can just reply "neuroplasticity- it's science baby!" Mic drop.

User Tag List