Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Tactical Cargo Pants

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Anyone got beta on the Go Ruck pants?

Simple or Challenge?

https://www.goruck.com/collections/m...33008313303140
    I have both, in midweight. I like them, but have no experience with other similar pants to compare to.

I find the fabric too light and thin on almost all tactical synthetic cargo pants. I wish there were a 5.11 Apex type pant with 200-300gr fabric.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I bought a pair of Carlos Ray pants a few weeks back. Very comfortable and plenty of well-placed pockets, but not so sure they're worth the $69 price tag overall. Somewhat thin material; long fit; too many branded logos that need removal, in my opinion.

Well, on a lark I visited their site just now. Tactical Distributors. Most if not all pants styles are at least 40% off regular price. Good deals, and quite a few offerings are sold out.

Don't hesitate.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I find the fabric too light and thin on almost all tactical synthetic cargo pants. I wish there were a 5.11 Apex type pant with 200-300gr fabric.
    Very fair point. I have them in most of the colors and wear 5.11 Apex pretty much every day to work, but I do sometimes wish they were a little heavier material for wintertime wear. Great for summer down here though. I generally carry 8-9 pounds worth of stuff around in my pockets and AIWB most days and nobody really gives me a second look and I am comfortable all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    I bought a pair of Carlos Ray pants a few weeks back. Very comfortable and plenty of well-placed pockets, but not so sure they're worth the $69 price tag overall. Somewhat thin material; long fit; too many branded logos that need removal, in my opinion.

Well, on a lark I visited their site just now. Tactical Distributors. Most if not all pants styles are at least 40% off regular price. Good deals, and quite a few offerings are sold out.

Don't hesitate.
    Thanks for the tip...purchased one pair at 40% off to try.

I noticed the laundering instructions say "hand wash / hang to dry". Have you tried (or heard of anyone trying to) machine-wash these?

Side note; the only person I know who still hand-washes is my mom (and she's 94!).

-Rainmna

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Thanks for the tip...purchased one pair at 40% off to try.

I noticed the laundering instructions say "hand wash / hang to dry". Have you tried (or heard of anyone trying to) machine-wash these?

Side note; the only person I know who still hand-washes is my mom (and she's 94!).

-Rainmna
    They're decent pants, and a great value at 40% off regular selling price. Hope you enjoy.

Handwash? Never.

If the pants are a bit oversized, wash in warm or hot water; dry in high heat. If they fit well, wash in cold or warm water; dry on medium setting (or until just beyond damp). No worries.

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    They're decent pants, and a great value at 40% off regular selling price. Hope you enjoy.

Handwash? Never.

If the pants are a bit oversized, wash in warm or hot water; dry in high heat. If they fit well, wash in cold or warm water; dry on medium setting (or until just beyond damp). No worries.
    Thanks for the reply and advice.

I have to agree; great value at -40%.

-Rainman

I’m thinking about trying Vertx Delta Stretch 2.1. They use heavy 10oz canvas. I like my OG Vertx pants, but heard mixed reviews of newer versions. Anyone have these?

https://vertx.com/delta-stretch-2-1

I'm trying on the LAPG Terrain Flex Straight Fit pant (that's a mouthful).

https://lapolicegear.com/lapg-btsf10...-fit-pant.html

So far I like them better than the TD Carlos Rey's (for normally less money). They are definitely "straight fit" though. I'll post again after I've given them more time.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I’m thinking about trying Vertx Delta Stretch 2.1. They use heavy 10oz canvas. I like my OG Vertx pants, but heard mixed reviews of newer versions. Anyone have these?

https://vertx.com/delta-stretch-2-1
    WOOT! Got a pair to try for $51.
    https://smile.amazon.com/Vertx-Stand.../dp/B08GYMHYTS

User Tag List