Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Tactical Cargo Pants

FYI, washed and dried once the 32” inseam is AT LEAST 2” too long on the pants, and the 36” waist is pushing it. I could easily see needing a 38w 30l, which in any other pant would mean I was a troll.

FWIW I’m 6’-1” 190 lbs. “office loser” body.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    So you guys are going to love this...

Got the shorts and pants. The good news is that the 36” waist seems consistent between all three, and pretty much consistent with the old pair of shorts I have. However...

That 36” waist is *barely* big enough for this guy that typically wears a 34” at most. And when I say ”barely” what I mean is that the elastic is probably at about 75” of its stretch. And that’s without having washed them at all.

The legs on the pants? You’re not going to believe this, but even the 32” length is too long. Maybe that’s good news since someone previously posted that the shrinkage they experienced was all in the length.

But I can’t help but find it hilarious that a guy that wears a 34w 32l in almost every other pant I own, has to UP a size in the waist to get them to barely fit, and DOWN a size in the legs with vertx.
    Are you oversizing a bit for CCW?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Are you oversizing a bit for CCW?
    Unfortunately, no.

CWM11B
    FWIW, the one pair of vertx I got years ago were about two inches small in the waist. Tried them on, never wore them. They're in a closet somewhere. I'm sticking with Duluth, and sometimes Tru-Spec.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    FWIW, the one pair of vertx I got years ago were about two inches small in the waist. Tried them on, never wore them. They're in a closet somewhere. I'm sticking with Duluth, and sometimes Tru-Spec.
    I had a stack of four pairs of Vertx that were way too small in the waist.. the 38's measured 36's. Good thing is, I lost 55# and they fit great for now. I've had the same issue with Duluth Firehose pants. At some time they changed from Philippines manufacture to Malaysia and the waist size dropped by an inch. I had a couple pairs of those as well that now fit.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I had a stack of four pairs of Vertx that were way too small in the waist.. the 38's measured 36's. Good thing is, I lost 55# and they fit great for now. I've had the same issue with Duluth Firehose pants. At some time they changed from Philippines manufacture to Malaysia and the waist size dropped by an inch. I had a couple pairs of those as well that now fit.
    That's what I've taken note of for years now now.

If you find some article of clothing that you really like, that fits just right, get more than one, before they change the country of manufacture, or the lasts used for shoes, or the materials of which it's made.

Time after time, dating I guess since the '70s, I've gone back to get another of this or that pair of shoes, or shirts or pants, that were "just right", only to find that whatever it was, was simply no longer available, or had become something different from what I'd bought before, even though the seller still called it by the same name.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

https://truewerk.com/collections/pan...workwear-pants
    Sorry to bring back an old thread but I like these too much to not share. I recently was issued a set of the T2's for my side job and liked them enough to get a pair of the T1's. Good to go and the price is reasonable.

I got my 4th pair of the Duluthflex Firehose Cargo shorts in the mail today. The only differences that I'm aware of being:

Inseam is now 11" instead of 12" The 12" is no more.

I believe the new warranty is for one year except for issues with manufacture, defects etc. (Never been an issue for me. I don't buy one pair of pants and try to keep 'em going for 20 years by returning them when they wear out.)

Not sure yet if there are any other differences in material or construction other than the label they added to one of the hip seams which never used to be there until they changed the warranty. I noticed the same on the last pair of the long pants I picked up.

Since they have the same pocket arrangement as the long cargo pants, it makes the changeover "seamless" so to speak. (Well, what did you expect?)

On sale at the moment for $38.70 with free shipping. A pretty good deal.

https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-d...rts-36333.html
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

I’m actually glad to see this thread come back. It’s hot again and again I’m on my fruitless annual quest for:
    1) Elastic-waist board shorts with beltloops, cargo pockets, back pockets, and a zipper fly
    2) Relatively inexpensive but properly fitting cargos for choring around the house.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I’m actually glad to see this thread come back. It’s hot again and again I’m on my fruitless annual quest for:
    1) Elastic-waist board shorts with beltloops, cargo pockets, back pockets, and a zipper fly
    2) Relatively inexpensive but properly fitting cargos for choring around the house.
    I've been using the Carhartt shorts for around the house and low impact excursions from the house.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

User Tag List