Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Best Tactical Cargo Pants

Got a pair of 5.11 Quest pants on recommendation from a buddy, did a qual the other night and these pants are very comfortable, almost as comfortable as their APEX pants.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    That’s too bad. I really hoped that they had corrected their sizing.
    In some weird way, they kind of have?

Or, at least, become standardized?

Several years ago I ordered three identically-sized pairs of pants from them and received three different fits, all wearing identical size tags (meaning, the issue wasn't that they sent the wrong sku). IIRC they were all manufactured in different countries, which explained the issue but didn't excuse it.

if it turns out that I have to order pants from them with a waist size of "monkey" and a length of "pineapple" then I can do that so long as I know "monkey" and "pineapple" are what fits me.

I use "monkey" and "pineapple" because if Vertx can't do numbers, i won't either when dealing with them.

FYI, washed and dried once the 32” inseam is AT LEAST 2” too long on the pants, and the 36” waist is pushing it. I could easily see needing a 38w 30l, which in any other pant would mean I was a troll.

FWIW I’m 6’-1” 190 lbs. “office loser” body.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    So you guys are going to love this...

Got the shorts and pants. The good news is that the 36” waist seems consistent between all three, and pretty much consistent with the old pair of shorts I have. However...

That 36” waist is *barely* big enough for this guy that typically wears a 34” at most. And when I say ”barely” what I mean is that the elastic is probably at about 75” of its stretch. And that’s without having washed them at all.

The legs on the pants? You’re not going to believe this, but even the 32” length is too long. Maybe that’s good news since someone previously posted that the shrinkage they experienced was all in the length.

But I can’t help but find it hilarious that a guy that wears a 34w 32l in almost every other pant I own, has to UP a size in the waist to get them to barely fit, and DOWN a size in the legs with vertx.
    Are you oversizing a bit for CCW?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Are you oversizing a bit for CCW?
    Unfortunately, no.

FWIW, the one pair of vertx I got years ago were about two inches small in the waist. Tried them on, never wore them. They're in a closet somewhere. I'm sticking with Duluth, and sometimes Tru-Spec.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    FWIW, the one pair of vertx I got years ago were about two inches small in the waist. Tried them on, never wore them. They're in a closet somewhere. I'm sticking with Duluth, and sometimes Tru-Spec.
    I had a stack of four pairs of Vertx that were way too small in the waist.. the 38's measured 36's. Good thing is, I lost 55# and they fit great for now. I've had the same issue with Duluth Firehose pants. At some time they changed from Philippines manufacture to Malaysia and the waist size dropped by an inch. I had a couple pairs of those as well that now fit.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I had a stack of four pairs of Vertx that were way too small in the waist.. the 38's measured 36's. Good thing is, I lost 55# and they fit great for now. I've had the same issue with Duluth Firehose pants. At some time they changed from Philippines manufacture to Malaysia and the waist size dropped by an inch. I had a couple pairs of those as well that now fit.
    That's what I've taken note of for years now now.

If you find some article of clothing that you really like, that fits just right, get more than one, before they change the country of manufacture, or the lasts used for shoes, or the materials of which it's made.

Time after time, dating I guess since the '70s, I've gone back to get another of this or that pair of shoes, or shirts or pants, that were "just right", only to find that whatever it was, was simply no longer available, or had become something different from what I'd bought before, even though the seller still called it by the same name.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

User Tag List