Page 23 of 49 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Tactical Cargo Pants

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Well I just got a pair from Amazon. There are two reasons I won't be getting any more. 1) The fit. They are very baggy in the legs, though I don't wear skinny jeans, I also don't want yards of extra fabric floating around. 2) The belt loops. I can't even wear my normal work belt with them, the buckle won't fit between the the loops. I had to use my Wilderness Instructor belt.
    That’s one of the things I’m liking about the Condor Stealth pants: slimmer fit. (They do run large, and I am wearing one size down.)
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I'm gonna have to try the Condor if they have a stretch pant.

Apparently squatting 2-4x a week makes my thighs too big for normal pant cuts and I don't like looking like I'm wearing parachute pants.

Eddie Bauer made a run of stretch cargo pants last year that were great but I didn't see them on the site a few weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best Tactical Cargo Pants

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    I'm going to clarify upfront that I have zero fashion sense and am quite okay with that.

That said: I've replaced my jeans with Vertex light pants. ...
    Is this the pant you are talking about?

Vertx Men's Phantom LT Tactical Pants, Khaki, 28-30 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007TLF53K..._o1goAbJAGPWWZ
    Last edited by RJ; 12-18-2017 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    I'm gonna have to try the Condor if they have a stretch pant.

Apparently squatting 2-4x a week makes my thighs too big for normal pant cuts and I don't like looking like I'm wearing parachute pants.

Eddie Bauer made a run of stretch cargo pants last year that were great but I didn't see them on the site a few weeks ago.

The Stealth are a little stretchy. Might be what you're looking for.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

What's the verdict on Magpul's cargo pants? They seem to be blowing out their 2017 apparel at a solid discount.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Is this the pant you are talking about?

Vertx Men's Phantom LT Tactical Pants, Khaki, 28-30 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007TLF53K..._o1goAbJAGPWWZ
    That’s them

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    What's the verdict on Magpul's cargo pants? They seem to be blowing out their 2017 apparel at a solid discount.
    Not sure about their cargo pants but I have three pair of these https://www.magpul.com/products/magpul-flex-pant for work. They fit true to size in the waist and length. They are a little snug through the thighs. I like that they have a little stretch to them. I would call the material medium weight.

For an all-around everyday replacement for jeans, these https://www.duluthtrading.com/store/...cessor=content have become my favorites. Roomy pockets, a little stretch, heavier more durable fabric without being too hot in the summer. Belt loops are placed well for appendix carry. Fit well through the thighs without looking baggy. My only complaint is the length is a little inconsistent. I have a pair of the brown that are a little too long and a pair of the grey that are just right. Both are 34 length.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Well I just got a pair from Amazon. There are two reasons I won't be getting any more. 1) The fit. They are very baggy in the legs, though I don't wear skinny jeans, I also don't want yards of extra fabric floating around. 2) The belt loops. I can't even wear my normal work belt with them, the buckle won't fit between the front two loops. I had to use my Wilderness Instructor belt.
    What is different about your regular work belt that it won't fit in the belt loops? I'm pretty big in the thigh region so I never really thought about how they would fit someone with normal sized legs.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    What is different about your regular work belt that it won't fit in the belt loops? I'm pretty big in the thigh region so I never really thought about how they would fit someone with normal sized legs.
    It is not that the belt won't fit through the loops, The buckle won't fit in between the two front loops because they are spaced so close together. Normal belt. https://www.daltechforce.com/collect...superbio-black

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I bought a pair of the pants and a pair of the shorts. After several wearings and washings I like the shorts, lukewarm on the pants. Among other things the pants are long for the stated length so I have to either roll them up or get them hemmed, which means they don't get worn as much as they otherwise would. Also, for a "tactical" brand, I find the low-rise in the back to be pretty lame. The pants seem to suffer from it more than the shorts, but it's an issue either way.

User Tag List