Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Tactical Cargo Pants

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    This is a negative review but I used to work in a facility that required all cotton clothing due to fire hazard, we were issued the 5.11 cotton tactical pants. They weren't bad but they didn't hold up.

My job required a lot of walking and maybe altitude and UVs had something to do with it but the cuffs and the crotch wore out in about 3 months.

It wasn't a big deal when my employer was buying them but I'm not dropping 60 bucks on a pair of pants that's going to wear out in 90 days.
    I haven't had that problem with their cotton canvas pants (and shorts) I own and mine get a fair amount of use working around the property and at the range. That said, when they do wear out I may explore other options. It's just that I started wearing them when they were the original Royal Robbins version, (the old climbing legend), and got pretty attached to them.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    New from DependŽ For Men...

Tactical Diaper Cargo Pants...Make sure you'll be ready when the $hit hits the fan!

Ummmm, Ummm, Ummmm....

Words escape me....

Oh I know...Is that a tactical stance or is it that he simply can't close his legs?
    What you do right before you know you're going to be in a use of force incident, often determines the outcome of that use of force.

Quote Originally Posted by JustOneGun View Post
    Ummmm, Ummm, Ummmm....

Words escape me....

Oh I know...Is that a tactical stance or is it that he simply can't close his legs?
    I think he's multitasking...he's preparing to take a leak and remove the threat at the same time.

I think he's multitasking...he's preparing to take a leak and remove the threat at the same time.

Sadly I've been in exactly this person's shoes. A person with too much time and industry reps bringing strange items for us to try... It just calls for a Mad TV photo op.
    What you do right before you know you're going to be in a use of force incident, often determines the outcome of that use of force.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Generous legs. I've gotten them over a pair of Sorel boots in the dead of winter. I don't have or wear cowboy boots but I would guess there is enough room. They have a gussetted crotch as well.

Thanks I might give them a try next year. I still have two eight year old pair of 5.11 cotton pants that I used at work that are still going strong but are looking a tad bit beat to hell.

Banned
    I haven't had that problem with their cotton canvas pants (and shorts) I own and mine get a fair amount of use working around the property and at the range. That said, when they do wear out I may explore other options. It's just that I started wearing them when they were the original Royal Robbins version, (the old climbing legend), and got pretty attached to them.
    I think the altitude played a role because the shirts they issued us (5.11 tactical polo) faded real quick too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I think the altitude played a role because the shirts they issued us (5.11 tactical polo) faded real quick too.
    Maybe so. We're only at 2500' here. Good to know though.

Banned
    Maybe so. We're only at 2500' here. Good to know though.
    I'm at 7000. It really does make a difference

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    I wear the Riggs Ranger pants, essentially designed for landscapers and such exclusively at work. They are the Riggs pants with cargo pockets. They also have the tactical hammer loop to confuse 'those in the know' into thinking they aren't really tactical.
    Just bought two more pairs. Are best pants.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Just bought two more pairs. Are best pants.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    A couple things brought this post on....

One, when I was hunting in Wyoming a couple months ago, one of my fellow hunters had also brought these pants. We both have noticed that when they get a hole in them, the hole just stays there, it doesn't open up.

Two, my Vertx pants bought after I bought my first Riggs pants, are falling apart in certain places.

Vertx are good for the office. Wrangler Riggs last.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 12-06-2017 at 06:32 AM.
    #RESIST

User Tag List