Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Tactical Cargo Pants

Quote Originally Posted by Imaposer2 View Post
    After finding and reading through this thread a few days ago I ordered one pair of the LAPG Urban Ops pants to try out... Got them last night and tried them on. The fit was perfect in my normal pants size of 30x30. I really like these pants. Enough so that I just placed an order for 5 more pair of the Ops and 4 pair of the Urban Recon pants which are supposedly similar but in a canvas duck fabric rather than the Ops rip stop. I like the articulated knees and gusseted crotch, which gives me freedom of movement without having to be baggy, and the flat profile of the cargo pockets keeps them looking neat and tidy.

I was a little dubious about the elastic in the waistband when I ordered them. But, when I tried them on last night I found that I really liked it. I normally buy 30" waist for IWB carry. I could wear a 29" without a gun. This means that a lot of my pants are a bit large in the waist when I'm not carrying so I have to use a belt at all times and deal with a bit of bunching. With the elastic the pants fit perfect without a belt while still having the give to allow for IWB carry too. Only time will tell how long the elastic will maintain its usefulness, but at least for now they're just right. And when the elastic gives out I'll just be back at where I've always been with other pants anyway.

I think I remember someone mentioning not liking the fact that the LAPG logo was embroidered on, but the sample I received last night just had a logo patch sewn on the lower corner of the right cargo pocket. It came off quickly enough with a seam ripper.

Only time will tell about durability, but at the moment at least I couldn't be happier with these pants. Especially for $18 (after 5% off code)! The Recons are a bit more at $22.99 but I decided to try them out just because of the heavier canvas fabric, thinking they may be a bit more durable as work pants.
    Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    I bet you'll dig the Urban Recon pants. They're cut well, they're comfortable, they are a good cotton weight, and they are not super-uber tactical. (By the way, the first thing i do when taking them out of the packaging is cut off the sewn-on logo.) And for the price, I really don't think you can beat 'em.
    Maybe it's been posted, but what's the difference, between the ops and the recon? Just the fabric? Which is the lighter and which is the heavier?

As we get into fall here I find myself in need of some around-the-house pants and the price on bot of these is attraactive, but the Florida weather tenses me towards lighter weight.

Cross-posting a link to here since I bought the Magpul cargo pants and made some initial comments.

Site Supporter
    I'm going to clarify upfront that I have zero fashion sense and am quite okay with that.

That said: I've replaced my jeans with Vertex light pants. It's a lightweight rip stop fabric, fits me better than jeans and have a ton of mobility - I've ridden my bicycle during daily commutes daily for the last two months with these, and out of laziness wear them to the gym on the way home (I do squats every other day) and haven't had any issues with mobility. The articulated knees make the pants look a size or two too large around the knee area when standing, but have no noticeable folds/pleats.

The cargo pockets have no buttons or other fastening device, and depend on the overlaying layer to form the top of the pocket. This lends itself to not having a piece of tupperware hanging off the side of my pants. Thumbs up on this one, big time.

My favorite feature of these behind the gussetted crotch and articulated knees are the little vertical pockets on the side, located slightly behind and below the front pockets. I keep my flashlight in one, and pocket knife in the other. This frees up real estate on my front pockets, and I don't have anything dragging on my hands when pulling them out of the pocket.

I did snag two pair of grey 'dress' versions, which lack the cargo and vertical pockets, but have the same stitching and the little secured zipper pocket-in-a-pocket. Same feel, slightly less utility, more office-oriented.

All in all, I buy these on sale, and love them. My wife, who is obsessed with fashion, even gives them the thumbs up.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Everyone has different comfort levels with what and where they carry stuff. As a reference point, I carry a very large cred wallet in my front left pocket, with a small CC and cash wallet in front of it. Skellgel on the outer (inside) edge of the that pocket. Right front pocket holds my S5 in a military otterbox case, Foster jack and a SAK. Right rear pocket holds my TQ, which is an old skool, triangular bandage, wrapped correctly and laying very flat, for immediate use. My left rear pocket is empty most of the time, but will sometimes hold my car keys for short durations, or anything else I need impromptu. My pistol, mags, knife and light are all on my belt.

This setup allows me to use a very wide range of pants, without much issue at all. The carpenter type pants are really nice because I can drop my car keys in there and not have them in my back left pocket. Either way works ok though, and prevents me from needing cargo pockets.
    I'm sorry, what is "Skelgell" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I'm sorry, what is "Skelgell" ?
    Hand sanitizer.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    My vote too. They wear like iron. I took the Riggs label off the rear pocket and relocated the 3-o'clock belt loop on a few pairs and only wish they offered a few more colors.

TheRiggs look like they are the ticket. They do have straight legs. Do any of you wear high(cowboy) boots with them? I'm afraid the legs won't get over the boot.
    What you do right before you know you're going to be in a use of force incident, often determines the outcome of that use of force.

Quote Originally Posted by JustOneGun View Post
    TheRiggs look like they are the ticket. They do have straight legs. Do any of you wear high(cowboy) boots with them? I'm afraid the legs won't get over the boot.
    Generous legs. I've gotten them over a pair of Sorel boots in the dead of winter. I don't have or wear cowboy boots but I would guess there is enough room. They have a gussetted crotch as well.

Banned
    This is a negative review but I used to work in a facility that required all cotton clothing due to fire hazard, we were issued the 5.11 cotton tactical pants. They weren't bad but they didn't hold up.

My job required a lot of walking and maybe altitude and UVs had something to do with it but the cuffs and the crotch wore out in about 3 months.

It wasn't a big deal when my employer was buying them but I'm not dropping 60 bucks on a pair of pants that's going to wear out in 90 days.

New from Depend® For Men...

Tactical Diaper Cargo Pants...Make sure you'll be ready when the $hit hits the fan!

There's nothing civil about this war.

Best Tactical Cargo Pants

I've got a pair of Warrior pants inbound. They are made by the same dudes who make Origin BJJ kimonos (the best I've found). I'll post again after I get a chance to try them.
    http://www.warriorkimonos.com/collec...nt=32285444039
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 12-08-2016 at 01:14 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List