Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Tactical Cargo Pants

I guess I don't carry enough stuff. I always found when I did put stuff in the side cargo pockets it was uncomfortable anyway as the stuff always banged on the sides of my knees.

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    I guess I don't carry enough stuff. I always found when I did put stuff in the side cargo pockets it was uncomfortable anyway as the stuff always banged on the sides of my knees.
    This. Not to mention how they look...
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    Interesting. I had tried a few cargo pants before I got the Duluth Trading Flex work pants. I remember now that stuff banging my knee was one reason I didn't like them. I haven't noticed it with the Duluth.

I got out an old pair of 5:11 that I never liked. I measured the pockets and the bottom of the cargo pocket is higher on the Duluth and they are about 2 inches deeper. The best of both worlds. A J-Frame in a pocket holster easily fits in the Duluth cargo pocket, but there isn't enough room in the 5:11 cargo pocket.

I wear them for everyday use. I find them more comfortable than jeans and I hate carrying shit in my back pockets. I get good discounts on 5.11 so that's what I've stuck with up until recently, now I get good deals on Vertx and I like that their side pockets are less obvious.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Circling back on this after buying and wearing the LA Police Gear 'Urban Recon' pants, I can tell you that these pants are well-designed, well-made, good-looking and very comfortable. Wife likes them as much as (if not more than) I do, and the fact that they cost under $23.00 per pair makes them a slam-dunk all day long.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/lapg-urban-recon-pant.html

I mainly only wear "Tactical Cargos" when I'm in work related training or some special assignment at work calling for a more casual yet uniform appearance. The PD issues 5.11 pants and shorts: I hate them. They just issue the standard ole stuff, not the new improved stuff so my opinion is subject to change. 5.11 stuff always seemed to shrink quick and wasn't very durable. I had a pair of VertX pants and I liked the way they fit and found them very durable. Lately I just use my own funds and buy the TruSpec 24-7 pants. They're the most comfortable of the tactical style pants I've owned. They don't shrink at all and hold up well, very little fading. I'm still wearing a couple pairs I've had for about 4 years now. Lots of cargo room, with smaller pockets in the bigger cargo pockets that help items from bouncing around. Also they have a neat system to utilize neoprene knee pads that fit in pockets on the inside of the pants. Best part is you can find them around the $30 range. I really like the Kuhl line of pants but I can buy almost 3 pairs of the TruSpec for the price of a single pair of Kuhl's.

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    Circling back on this after buying and wearing the LA Police Gear 'Urban Recon' pants, I can tell you that these pants are well-designed, well-made, good-looking and very comfortable. Wife likes them as much as (if not more than) I do, and the fact that they cost under $23.00 per pair makes them a slam-dunk all day long.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/lapg-urban-recon-pant.html
    I'm wearing a pair right now. These are excellent pants. I found that they run large, and had the best luck buying my size, and then shrinking them by 3x hot wash/dry.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I'm wearing a pair right now. These are excellent pants. I found that they run large, and had the best luck buying my size, and then shrinking them by 3x hot wash/dry.
    How much do they shrink?
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Best Tactical Cargo Pants

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    How much do they shrink?
    About 1.5" in waist and length. I have a 32" waist, and the 32" size now fits perfectly after shrinking. 30" barely fit before washing in warm but was too small after.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 04-24-2016 at 11:56 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Fascinating. I had heard that these pants can shrink, but I went ahead and bought two pair in my regular size anyway. They fit me great right out of the package, and with my washing technique---cold or warm water, never hot; medium temp in dryer, and out while they are still barely damp---they have not shrunk at all at waist or length. I just ordered two more pair last night.

User Tag List