Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Tactical Cargo Pants

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    Duluth Fire Hose Flex Relaxed Fit. Both the pants and shorts. They have pocket carry friendly pockets and some stretch for comfort.
    This right here. I got a few pairs of relaxed fit cargo pants and double front pants for yard work and whatnot and some standard fit for jeans and khakis for casual attire from them. Given what I got them for compared to the other pants that I was blowing through, I think the cost delta over my cheap-o Wranglers will offset in the longevity. The Fire Hose Flex have definitely become my favorite . . . and definitely more friendly for pocket carry compared to others.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    @NH Shooter I'm such a tool I just ordered two more. How much of a tool? I used a disposable e-mail address to get an additional discount on top of the current sale.
    Aaaand I just found that Duluth Trading is a "local" company, being based in Mt. Horeb, WI (not Duluth, MN, as you might assume). Makes me feel that much better about buying from them.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    @Guerrero if you like the foreman pants and wan’t something more jean like, look at Duluth’s 5 pocket pant. I have two pair that I wear multiple times per week. The fit well, have some stretch, and wear like iron. The pockets are nice sized too. I’m not a slim fit guy but I like the slim fit the best.
    Quoting myself for FYI. For the first time in a very long time, I had the need to pocket carry the other night. I didn’t realize how much running lots of miles had increased the size of my legs. An LCR in theses pants was a no go.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Aaaand I just found that Duluth Trading is a "local" company, being based in Mt. Horeb, WI (not Duluth, MN, as you might assume). Makes me feel that much better about buying from them.
    All their stuff is made overseas though isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post
    All their stuff is made overseas though isn't it?
    Probably
    ― Ennius

So, where am I now? On a recommendation from @NH Shooter I decided to give the Duluth Trading DuluthFlex Fire Hose Relaxed Fit Foreman Pants a go. Normally, at full price, these would be above my price threshold, but at Black Friday pricing, I was able to get three pair for an amount I could swallow. So far, I love them. They've got a good mix of the features I liked in the above pants, and the only downside so far is that they look "relaxed fit." I can live with that, but if I get the chance to go to a store and try the same pants in their "standard fit," I may give them a try.

Had to come back to this: these are the only "stealthy" pants I'm aware of that are made with an internal weapons bay (font-right zippered pocket) that's large enough to carry something substantial. I don't need any "belt pylons" to carry this and remain completely off the radar;

EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

They've got a good mix of the features I liked in the above pants, and the only downside so far is that they look "relaxed fit." I can live with that, but if I get the chance to go to a store and try the same pants in their "standard fit," I may give them a try.
    After a few wear/wash cycles, I'm fine with the relaxed fit. They've shrunk just a bit, so they look fine; I fear the "standard fit" would not work for me.
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    Hi, all. I figured posting this question in this thread made sense since it’s mainly about pockets. I wear blue jeans 99% of the time. Wrangler performance flex regular fit to be exact. I need a pair of jeans that has a hip-area pocket to carry a reasonable size cell phone. Carrying my phone in my left front pocket is getting old and can be hard to access while sitting. I am aware of those 5.11 jeans with the hip pockets and that would work, but 5.11 jeans never fit me well and I don’t need all the gusseted knees or cargo pockets or custom faux fade patterns etc. I just want a basic “medium wash” blue with standard pockets, some stretch, and a left hip pocket for my cell phone. Any ideas? Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris17404 View Post
    Hi, all. I figured posting this question in this thread made sense since it’s mainly about pockets. I wear blue jeans 99% of the time. Wrangler performance flex regular fit to be exact. I need a pair of jeans that has a hip-area pocket to carry a reasonable size cell phone. Carrying my phone in my left front pocket is getting old and can be hard to access while sitting. I am aware of those 5.11 jeans with the hip pockets and that would work, but 5.11 jeans never fit me well and I don’t need all the gusseted knees or cargo pockets or custom faux fade patterns etc. I just want a basic “medium wash” blue with standard pockets, some stretch, and a left hip pocket for my cell phone. Any ideas? Thanks a lot.
    I like the LAPG jeans more than 5.11 jeans. The material is stretchier. Tactical distributors also has a jean but I don't remember if it has the side pockets. The pair I had was very slim fitting so I wasn't a big fan but that was several years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post
    I like the LAPG jeans more than 5.11 jeans. The material is stretchier. Tactical distributors also has a jean but I don't remember if it has the side pockets. The pair I had was very slim fitting so I wasn't a big fan but that was several years ago.
    The TD pants do not have side pockets.

User Tag List