Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Tactical Cargo Pants

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    I'm a big fan of the offerings from Arborwear. They are a higher performance work pant if there is such a thing. The quality on all their garments is phenomenal and all the pants have a gusset. Basically they are to Carhartt what Vert'x is to 5.11.

I find the best prices on them from prime or occasionally from Bailey's online when they have sales.

The carpenter style pants are tough and have a much nicer cut. Almost like am athletic cut. Also, as a fun added bonus the tool pocket in the right side of most of the pants is basically made to fit a Strider SMF.
    Do you know if if Arborwear offers pants with 2" belt loops? Thanks.

CWM11B
    I have had great luck with Duluth Trading, but like many have commented, they are quite heavy and to hot for summer in the south. I had a vision for the ultimate cargo type pant when working, and lo and behold, these:
    https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-d...nts-work-pants
    are damn near it. I spent a lot of time in SWAT and as a full time FI, and found the standard cargo/tactical pant did not quite fit my needs. As a right hander, the right side cargo pocket was pretty much out of play due to my holster type. On the range, I needed pockets more conducive to admin gear. The left side cargo pocket, with two seperate compartments and a three slot pen/marker pocket are great. I purchased two pair and love them. Plenty of stretch, waist expanders, crotch gusset, and cool. I wore them to the range on Thursday, and it was brutally ot and humid. They were plenty comfortable. I loaded the cargo pocket with my cred wallet, note pad, two sharpies in the pen slots as well as a streamlight pen light. The tool strap is a perfect spot to clip a shot timer, which is exactly what I used it for. My phone disappeared into the right thigh pocket, and the watch pocket is deep enough to carry a speed strip (or two). These are my new favorite pant. I'll probably order some more, as it seems whenever I find a product that suits me this well it quickly gets discontinued.

Riggs now has a line of Ripstop ‘tactical pants’ that are similar to the TruSpec pants.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

I just tried a pair of HELIKON-TEX Urban Tactical Pants. Outstanding fit. My waist is 32" and the 30" pants fit perfectly. The pocketry is pretty complicated, but I like the layout. There are even a pair of AIWB pouches.

Link: http://a.co/d/7yRfsle
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Best Tactical Cargo Pants

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I just tried a pair of HELIKON-TEX Urban Tactical Pants. Outstanding fit. My waist is 32" and the 30" pants fit perfectly. The pocketry is pretty complicated, but I like the layout. There are even a pair of AIWB pouches.

Link: http://a.co/d/7yRfsle
    Update. I now have two pair of these Polish tactical cargo pants and a pair of the shorts.

These are the best pants ever. They fit like they were tailored for me. I just threw away a pair of 5.11 TacLites because I’ll never wear them again. Seriously you have to try Helikon-Tex.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 10-31-2018 at 05:58 PM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

$77 for a pair of pants?

I'm way too cheap to buy 'em.

Just received a pair of First Spear centurion pants. Well made and comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca View Post
    Just received a pair of First Spear centurion pants. Well made and comfortable.
    A big FS gear user/believer, can you provide any insight on the pockets, how many & any internal?

Free Soldier

Found a new winner for my cargo pants FREE SOLDIER Men's Water Resistant Pants Relaxed Fit Tactical Combat Army Cargo with Multi Pocket
    Very durable. Not a stealth pant though. Kinda noisy rubbing and moving about. I can live with it for sure. They are comfortable and move well. These can go days and still look and feel good. Excellent resistance to water and debris.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    A big FS gear user/believer, can you provide any insight on the pockets, how many & any internal?
    No extra pockets except for a vertical narrow pocket that fits a magazine/flashlight/knife on each side. Great idea but the pocket on the strong side gets covered by an OWB holster so it really isn’t usable when carrying.

Having now used them and washed them, a few concerns...

The belt loops all have extra loose threads that needed to be trimmed. Not a big deal but expected better finish quality from FS.

The FS rubber brand patch on the back fell off in the “low heat” dry cycle. I guess they didn’t test the glue.

I suspect the pants will hold up well over time, but the quality is not on par with TripleAughtDesign which are at a similar price point.

User Tag List