Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 LastLast

Thread: Best Tactical Cargo Pants

Quote Originally Posted by Chris17404 View Post
    Hi, all. I figured posting this question in this thread made sense since it’s mainly about pockets. I wear blue jeans 99% of the time. Wrangler performance flex regular fit to be exact. I need a pair of jeans that has a hip-area pocket to carry a reasonable size cell phone. Carrying my phone in my left front pocket is getting old and can be hard to access while sitting. I am aware of those 5.11 jeans with the hip pockets and that would work, but 5.11 jeans never fit me well and I don’t need all the gusseted knees or cargo pockets or custom faux fade patterns etc. I just want a basic “medium wash” blue with standard pockets, some stretch, and a left hip pocket for my cell phone. Any ideas? Thanks a lot.
    Going totally out on a limb (since I don't own any of them): based on how great the "flex Foreman pants" are, I wonder if the Duluth Trading jeans would be just as great.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Going totally out on a limb (since I don't own any of them): based on how great the "flex Foreman pants" are, I wonder if the Duluth Trading jeans would be just as great.
    I have three pair of Duluth jeans. They are just as good as the khaki pants they make. Reinforced large pockets. They make different styles, I recommend and use the double flex relaxed fit. Awesome jeans that I pocket carry with all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    My pants have changed over the years. For the last several years I've worn Duluth Flex cargo pants. I've developed some sciatica and a belt around my waist now causes pain after a while. I've gone almost exclusively to pocket carry...
    Keep on with Duluth + suspenders?

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    Keep on with Duluth + suspenders?
    I tried the suspenders, but they annoyed me.

I've been wearing these. They have an elastic waist. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BNSLISU...roduct_details

They are tight enough around my waist to stay in place without increasing pain.

The Duluth would slide down from my waist and bind just below my waist no matter what belt I used. I guess it's the different cut of the design or I don't have enough butt to keep them in place.

Hmmm.....shoot me first pants....omo.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Long time Duluth buyer. LOVE the classic Firehose pants, most of their shirts, boxer briefs and am curious to try out the Flex Foreman pants. Gave up on the jeans though a couple years ago. They started out great, comfortable with pockets that worked for j-frame carry, but over time the pockets shrank with many washings until they got too shallow. They also faded unevenly and just looked kinda odd over time. I have had better luck with super cheap Tractor Supply jeans the last couple years, with the added advantage that they are very light denim and are thus cooler down here. I work in an office though and do not stress them hard, so YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by cathellsk View Post
    I have three pair of Duluth jeans. They are just as good as the khaki pants they make. Reinforced large pockets. They make different styles, I recommend and use the double flex relaxed fit. Awesome jeans that I pocket carry with all the time.
    Maybe I should give them another try when they have a sale. I went to the store in Round Rock last November but didn't check out the jeans...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revolvergeek View Post
    Long time Duluth buyer. LOVE the classic Firehose pants, most of their shirts, boxer briefs and am curious to try out the Flex Foreman pants. Gave up on the jeans though a couple years ago. They started out great, comfortable with pockets that worked for j-frame carry, but over time the pockets shrank with many washings until they got too shallow. They also faded unevenly and just looked kinda odd over time. I have had better luck with super cheap Tractor Supply jeans the last couple years, with the added advantage that they are very light denim and are thus cooler down here. I work in an office though and do not stress them hard, so YMMV.

Maybe I should give them another try when they have a sale. I went to the store in Round Rock last November but didn't check out the jeans...
    I would try the jeans on first, if you can. They’ve changed the cut over the years. The older (original?) “Ballroom jeans” fit me well. The last time I tried (couple of years ago, they were quite different- maybe a longer “rise” - I don’t remember the change, but only that they were no longer a comfortable fit. I’m still game to try again, though. Luckily, there’s a retail store not too far away.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Wow, I'm blown away by my new PDW pants. Everything about them--fit, detailing, stretch-woven fabric, and design is outstanding. These are a very heavy-duty pair of pants, with double fabric in high-wear areas. They fit like they were tailor made for me. Having 1-inch increments of waist and inseam size is one reason for the excellent fit. The $150 pricetag seems very reasonable, given the build quality and that they are cut and sewn in the US. Compared to my much more expensive Crye combat softshell pants, the PDW are much better quality and design.

I'm looking forward to treating these pants very poorly.

Attachment 101558
    How are these holding up?

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    How are these holding up?
    Fantastic. I've done a bunch of different activities in them, and they are really versatile.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I have never bought any Duluth pants because of the price.
    Today they had 30% off plus $15.00 off first order.
    I ordered three pairs of the Firehose Flex Cargo.

We will see.

User Tag List