Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Tactical Cargo Pants

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I tried to return mine because one 32" pair (Braddock) was massively huge, and the Carlos Ray pair was 2" too large. The CS girl told me that they do not do refunds on used clothing.

It was an interesting pants experiment because the design is very unique. But, I'll pass on TD from now on.
    So that would be a "100% Guarantee" not to refund your money once they have shipped the items.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    I bought some Cabela's cargo pants a few years ago. Total junk. I keep a Surefire in one of the pockets (not a crenelated killer head) and it wore a hole in the pocket in a few weeks. The crotch wore out, quickly. Other brands didn't do that after long wear. I took them to the store for a refund and they told me that it was normal wear and refused to deal with it, very rudely.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I used to like these for when I had to maintain business casual at work but now that I don't, I like jeans.

By far, my favorite type are the humble Wrangler Riggs. Sort of like Carhartt on a budget. Just comfy and plain tough.
    I couldn't agree more. I switched to the Riggs Work wear Technician Pants about a year ago. My Protac 2 flashlight is a bit too long and wears a hole in the back pocket, but otherwise they are perfect for my handyman business. They clean up much better than the George brand pants I was getting at Wal-Mart previously. The phone pocket keeps my belt open for other tools.

Update - finally heard back from TD Customer Service. They're asking me to send photos of the pants showing the size discrepancy, but want to do so in order to replace them with the correct size. Fingers crossed - will update.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Crap, I have 2 more pair on the way. Hope they fit the same as the first pair.
    LOL at hand wash. That’s not happening in my house. Think mine have been washed 3 times as of now, no ill effects so far from machine washing and drying.
    Got mine in; exactly the same size as pair 1. Whew good, I would have been ticked off.

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    My two pairs arrived today and they are exactly the same as the ones I already own.

I hope TD takes care of the problem for psalms144.1.

I finally won the Vertx size lottery and got a pair of pants that fits. I already had three pairs of their shorts that, while they do not all for the same, all are wearable.

The pants came long but seem to be self-correcting for that in the wash while not becoming overly-tight in the waist.

I now find myself not wanting to wear them since I found a unicorn that I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to replace!
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I’m dealing with the frustration of finding new pants for work. The issued Blauer FlexRS Covert pants are too tight through the seat/hips/thigh and uncomfortable AF. My DuluthFlex are too hot for summer and barely pass uniform standards. 511 discontinued my Traverse 2.0’s and nothing from them remotely fit except for the hip hugging low rise Apex pant. LAPG Atlas pants didn’t offer enough flex and would definitely suffer crotch blowout so those are out. The Duluth Flexpedition are unbelievable soft and stretchy but, despite their claims, do not fit like the regular work pants and have a hipster low rise. I’m running out of ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I switched to the Riggs Work wear Technician Pants about a year ago. My Protac 2 flashlight is a bit too long and wears a hole in the back pocket, but otherwise they are perfect for my handyman business. They clean up much better than the George brand pants I was getting at Wal-Mart previously. The phone pocket keeps my belt open for other tools.
    Try their carpenter pants; they're made from a heavier material than the technician pants (with which I wasn't impressed). The carpenters are all I wear now for casual pants, although I did order a pair of the TD Carlos Ray's from the sale.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Try their carpenter pants; they're made from a heavier material than the technician pants (with which I wasn't impressed). The carpenters are all I wear now for casual pants, although I did order a pair of the TD Carlos Ray's from the sale.
    I'll have give them a try, thanks.

User Tag List