Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Tactical Cargo Pants

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    You guys are really flexin' on us poors/cheapskates!
    I wouldn’t wear these on a daily basis. If they work out, they will be used for hiking, snowshoeing, hunting, etc.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    PDW Delta Cargo Tailored Fit cargo pants inbound.

https://prometheusdesignwerx.com/col...40038132154454
    Wow, I'm blown away by my new PDW pants. Everything about them--fit, detailing, stretch-woven fabric, and design is outstanding. These are a very heavy-duty pair of pants, with double fabric in high-wear areas. They fit like they were tailor made for me. Having 1-inch increments of waist and inseam size is one reason for the excellent fit. The $150 pricetag seems very reasonable, given the build quality and that they are cut and sewn in the US. Compared to my much more expensive Crye combat softshell pants, the PDW are much better quality and design.

I'm looking forward to treating these pants very poorly.

Name:  dcp-ec-t_atb2_1024x1024.jpg
Views: 1089
Size:  14.1 KB

@Clusterfrack, how water resistant are those? They look like they might fit the bill for winter in NC but I imagine they're too heavy for hot weather.

I generally wear LAPG Atlas cargos for work but the butt of my 365 has worn holes in the front pockets of 2 pair after a couple years. But at only about $45 a pair, and deductible as a bidness expense, I can live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    @Clusterfrack, how water resistant are those? They look like they might fit the bill for winter in NC but I imagine they're too heavy for hot weather.

I generally wear LAPG Atlas cargos for work but the butt of my 365 has worn holes in the front pockets of 2 pair after a couple years. But at only about $45 a pair, and deductible as a bidness expense, I can live with that.
    I wore them to a USPSA match today, and still have them on now after dinner.

They aren’t insulated, but were good around freezing this morning. I’m totally comfortable wearing them indoors as well. But, probably too heavy for summer. I’m guessing they are as waterproof as any softshell. They are very breathable.

The front pockets are mesh. Not sure about pocket carry.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Getting warm out again, so thought I'd continue the tangent on tactical cargo shorts...

Have we talked about the 5.11 TacLite pro 9.5 yet? *Seems* to tick some boxes for me (elastic waist, belt loops, couple of extra pockets, not too baggy, not too long...) but are these just the OG 5.11 shorts re-imagined, and just as baggy?

Ideally I'm looking for something that moves and isn't too constricting, but also isn't too baggy and/or long (not trying to be all jorty up in here). I like having elastic waist for both bumming around house but also being able to add a belt and IWB.

Attachment 88049
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Jesus Christ, looks like I answered my own question 4 years ago... If the below is what I have now, they are definitely baggier in real life, although the length isn't bad. Not sure if they've been updated since then.
    Coming back to this again.

Just got done with a 7 day trip where I spent a fair amount of time in the one pair of Vertx pants that mostly fits. Spent almost the entire time wishing for more give in the waistband for a variety of reasons.

I think I’m just going to bite the old man bullet and stop in to the local 5.11 store and get a pair of these, and cut off the webbing strap on the back. I wear the shorts version of these around the house on weekends and really have come to prefer that “tunnel” elastic as it just has the most amount of travel.
    https://www.511tactical.com/taclite-pro-pants.html

What occurred to me this trip was, why am I trying to find decent looking cargo pants? There’s really no such thing because they start and end as cargo pants no matter what you do. There’s just kind of “slightly less dumbass looking” not really “good looking” cargos, so just embrace it.

The Taclites will be mostly for air travel which is one of the few times I want cargo pockets nowadays anyway.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Rob S

If tactical cargos are your jam, I would head over to LA Police Gear. Their pricing is often quite good on the usual suspects and their in house brand usually exceeds the intersection of quality/value/performance.

https://lapolicegear.com/clothing/pa...ated_price:asc
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Rob S

If tactical cargos are your jam, I would head over to LA Police Gear. Their pricing is often quite good on the usual suspects and their in house brand usually exceeds the intersection of quality/value/performance.

https://lapolicegear.com/clothing/pa...ated_price:asc
    I have or have had a couple of things from them, with hit-or-miss results. Much like Vertx, two identical products somehow winding up with completely different fits.

one of the benefits of 5.11 for me personally is a store 20 minutes from my office so I can try things on.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    RS

Copy.

From the mothership website: 37 ish +25% off 3 colors/full size runs

https://www.511tactical.com/trail-short-1.html
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    Work used to provide 5.11 pants for BDU style uniform. This year they are pushing pants from First Tactical. Initial impressions are favorable. Pockets are large and deeper than 5.11. The 5.11's had the option of a knee pad insert. I ordered a set and quickly realized the pocket for the pads was too high to actually protect your knees. The knee pad pocket in the First Tactical appear to be better placed. I tried the 5.11 pads and while they didn't fill the pocket, they sat at the right level. I ordered a set of knee pads for the First Tactical pants and they should be here this week.

https://www.firsttactical.com/collec...tactical-pants
    How have they held up?
    How full is the cut through the seat/hip/thigh?
    Are they pretty stretchy or just kinda?
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    How have they held up?
    How full is the cut through the seat/hip/thigh?
    Are they pretty stretchy or just kinda?
    I've been very happy with them. They seem to be holding up well. How full? Full enough for me....

More stretchy than 5.11, not as stretch as the LAPG jeans.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

User Tag List