Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Tactical Cargo Pants

EQUIN:

That's what I'm going to do-wash and then machine dry and see if it tightens up a bit. I got them hoping they'd be a little heavier that the Vertx LTs I wear in the warm weather. Wasn't disappointed on that score. May
    be the go-to for winter, since my original Vertx cargo pants have all pretty much worn out.

Best Tactical Cargo Pants

I'm liking my TD Carlos Ray (AKA Chuck Norris) pants.

The fit is true to size, after laundering in hot. The pants are stretchy and comfortable, and functional for ninja moves if needed. These pants have a jeans look and don't have side cargo pockets, which made me shift my wallet to the front left pocket, but that's ok. They fit my big knife, and my light. Most importantly, they also got the Mrs. CF stamp of approva--who inspected them from the front, then the back, and said "I like them."

I tried the new TD Braddock Pants with less success. The cloth is heavy, which I like. But the fit is... weird. The waist is really large (~34"+), and the cloth is super stretchy. The front pockets hang open with a big gap. Possibly I could go 2" smaller, but I'm not going to try.

Carlos Ray (AKA Chuck Norris) pants
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 01-09-2021 at 11:11 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Just picked up a pair of Under Armour Enduro Pants. Very pleased with the fit; will see how these hold up.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    I have been wearing the the UA enduro's for about a year now at work. I wear them on Wednesday's and Friday's, my non tie days. They look clean and go well with my school polo. Two thumbs up for them.

I also just picked up a couple of pairs of LA Police gear jeans. I have tried tactical jeans from other makers and they did not work well for me. These fit great, stretch, and have a good assortment of pockets. They have a very pedestrian look and have held up very well.

Site Supporter
    5.11 Defender Slims were a great find on the 5.11 website. Slim fit. Cool pocket set up.
    24 ish if you can wear 38/40 waist. They have a bit of stretch.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Site Supporter
    I hit the end-of-year markdowns and bought two pairs of Vertx "stretch" cargos. They seem true-to-size, have the right amount of stretch to comfortably fit an IWB holster, and look good, but IMO have too many pockets. In my Wrangler cargos, I look like a typical geezer; in these, under close inspection, I fear I look like a geezer trying to LARP being a tactical operator operating operationally. I'm still going to wear them, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    I have been wearing the the UA enduro's for about a year now at work. I wear them on Wednesday's and Friday's, my non tie days. They look clean and go well with my school polo. Two thumbs up for them.

I also just picked up a couple of pairs of LA Police gear jeans. I have tried tactical jeans from other makers and they did not work well for me. These fit great, stretch, and have a good assortment of pockets. They have a very pedestrian look and have held up very well.
    I have a pair of UAs that look like Enduros but don’t know if that’s what they actually are. Even so, they’re great for warm weather and have held up to some abuse and frequent washings. They don’t work so well in cold weather, though, as my legs feel warmer in regular jeans. But living in Texas, that’s not much of a problem except on a few occasions when it gets below freezing.

I tried the LAPG jeans, but I think their sizing is off, or I just got one sized wrong. I typically wear a 32x34 or a 34x34. I ordered a 34x34, but the pair I got were huge, more like a 38x36. Did you order a size down? They got great reviews, so given the price I don’t want to give up on them if I can dial in the right size. Much cheaper than the 5.11 jeans, which fit me great by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    5.11 Defender Slims were a great find on the 5.11 website. Slim fit. Cool pocket set up.
    24 ish if you can wear 38/40 waist. They have a bit of stretch.
    I have a pair of those and really like them. They look like regular jeans, so I don’t have to look like a wannabe operator. But the pockets are nice.

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    Quote Originally Posted by equin View Post
    I tried the LAPG jeans, but I think their sizing is off, or I just got one sized wrong. I typically wear a 32x34 or a 34x34. I ordered a 34x34, but the pair I got were huge, more like a 38x36. Did you order a size down? They got great reviews, so given the price I don’t want to give up on them if I can dial in the right size. Much cheaper than the 5.11 jeans, which fit me great by the way.
    In wranglers, I wear a 36x34 with flip flops and a 36x36 with shoes. I got those sizes and they were right on the money for me. I was at the actual store and got to try them one which obviously helped. The guy at the store did mention that the darkest color variation was specifically made for AIWB carry and had more stretch in them. I got the lighter color version and they were right on the money with my wrangler sizing.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I'm liking my TD Carlos Ray (AKA Chuck Norris) pants.

The fit is true to size, after laundering in hot. The pants are stretchy and comfortable, and functional for ninja moves if needed. These pants have a jeans look and don't have side cargo pockets, which made me shift my wallet to the front left pocket, but that's ok. They fit my big knife, and my light. Most importantly, they also got the Mrs. CF stamp of approva--who inspected them from the front, then the back, and said "I like them."

I tried the new TD Braddock Pants with less success. The cloth is heavy, which I like. But the fit is... weird. The waist is really large (~34"+), and the cloth is super stretchy. The front pockets hang open with a big gap. Possibly I could go 2" smaller, but I'm not going to try.

Carlos Ray (AKA Chuck Norris) pants
    I had been about to ask you about these; I think I saw them in the “comfortable aiwb” thread.

I just picked up a pair of these plus a pair of the “Otte gear universal CL” pants. Have only worn these so far. I’m a bit worried about the waist shrinking; they fit perfect around the waist right now before washing. But I like them a lot! Only thing is I don’t know why they had to go with contrasting stitching on the pleats:

User Tag List