Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Tactical Cargo Pants

Site Supporter
    Very late to the party, I too have moved away from the 5.11 look to a more Prana, Kuhl, First Ascent/EB look in my "tactical pants".
    If I was still specifically after a cargo pant, the Wrangler Riptop sold at WalMart clearly exceeds the intersection of quality and value at 20ish per.
    They come in a grey/greenish and a khakishi, are fairly abrasion resistant, breath well, can handle a 1.75 inch reinforced Wilderness type belt, will hold a crease/press and
    are available/replaceable everywear.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wrangler-M...horts/14542025

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Very late to the party, I too have moved away from the 5.11 look to a more Prana, Kuhl, First Ascent/EB look in my "tactical pants".
    If I was still specifically after a cargo pant, the Wrangler Riptop sold at WalMart clearly exceeds the intersection of quality and value at 20ish per.
    They come in a grey/greenish and a khakishi, are fairly abrasion resistant, breath well, can handle a 1.75 inch reinforced Wilderness type belt, will hold a crease/press and
    are available/replaceable everywear.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wrangler-M...horts/14542025
    Interesting, thanks! For those of us on the road a lot, that could be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I have been really liking the Tru Spec pants over the past few years. They fit me far, far better than the 5.11s, hide and ankle or pocket gun better, are more durable, and my OD green pants are shockingly resistant to being covered in deer blood and still coming clean.
    Another Tru Spec 24-7 fan here. I like to get them from Galls since they will hem them to any length you want. Prefer the cotton ones to the rip stop. Best fitting for me in preference to 5.11's and Eotac.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

I find Prana and Kuhl as a little too flimsy when it comes to putting some weight on them. I have a couple of each (yes, I have pants problems). Maybe I need to relook them again in the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    Another Tru Spec 24-7 fan here. I like to get them from Galls since they will hem them to any length you want. Prefer the cotton ones to the rip stop. Best fitting for me in preference to 5.11's and Eotac.

Another vote for Tru Spec 24-7. Great fit and the only company that makes a bootcut pant (that I know of).

Site Supporter
    For you road warriors like SLG above, Walmart also sell a Dickie carpenter pant available in OD Green, Black, Khaki, "Carhartt" brown and a darker brown. While not quite up to Carhartt specs, at 24ish with triple needle seem stiching, they are not a bad way to go either. The OD ones are my go "Scout Pants" for meetings, dry cold campouts etc.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dickies-19...30-30/35959930
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 01-18-2016 at 05:57 PM.

If you buy Dickies brand try them in first and buy big. I've bought a couple pair and they end up being really small in the waist and fit tight in the seat and thighs for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    I left Carhartts behind about 6 years ago, I was doing a lot of physical labor and crotch on like 4 relative new pants blew out. I have been very happy with Arborwear Tree Climber pants ever since. The lightweights are pretty good for summer, they recently upgraded to heavy pocket material which helps keeps all my stuff from wearing holes in the pockets.
    I agree about the Arborwear stuff. Best cut work pants I've found and far more durable than any othe brand I've tried. I have two pairs that are going on 14 years old -- getting a bit too tight in the waist, but still perfectly serviceable.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I used to like these for when I had to maintain business casual at work but now that I don't, I like jeans.

By far, my favorite type are the humble Wrangler Riggs. Sort of like Carhartt on a budget. Just comfy and plain tough.
    The only thing that concerns me about these is the front belt loop locations potentially interfering with holster placement for AIWBers.

Can any Riggs users comment?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crawls View Post
    I agree about the Arborwear stuff. Best cut work pants I've found and far more durable than any othe brand I've tried. I have two pairs that are going on 14 years old -- getting a bit too tight in the waist, but still perfectly serviceable.
    I admit that I've never heard of Arborwear prior to mentions in this thread. Thankful for frequenting this forum, all the more.
    Took a gander and find these pants to be exactly my preferred style (i.e., purposeful but not overtly 'tactical'), and the price is quite acceptable (i.e., my lifestyle is not nearly tactical enough to be able to justify buying pants upwards of $120 per pair).

Just ordered a pair of Arborwear and look forward to enjoying them.

User Tag List