Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming UFC fights

Upcoming UFC fights

Does Holm have a ground game?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MGW; 01-18-2016 at 07:10 PM.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I dont care either way, i just like to eat wings, drink whiskey and watch people get their asses kicked.
    And I love to see the underdog kicking the braggart's ass (i.e., Holm absolutely destroying Rousey).

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I dont care either way, i just like to eat wings, drink whiskey and watch people get their asses kicked.
    Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    And I love to see the underdog kicking the braggart's ass (i.e., Holm absolutely destroying Rousey).
    Yeah thats always good. Jones getting knocked out, rousey was awesome though.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post

Very low level at this point.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

I am like voodoo_man, I am not studying the art, I am just watching the fights.

Not saying that's a bad thing for a sport as you can't have people crippling each other regularly and maintain the sport,
    Given a grubstake and some contacts in a third world country with satellite uplink, I think we could bring back real gladiators.
    "You want a MACE? Fighting Thracian against a Samnite?"

I personally think McGregor's shit talking is pure art.

http://www.mmamania.com/2015/12/20/1...itle-fight-mma
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rhines View Post
    MacGregor is a fighter with a single money move - the southpaw straight left counter. I want to see how he fights with that punch taken away.
    I think he has more than that and he can certainly take some hits and keep on fighting.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    Very low level at this point.

I think one of the things Holm really surprised Rousey with (among other things ) was how strong she was in the clinch. She's a big strong girl and she neutralized Rousey's take down attempts really effectively in that fight. Not to mention planting the judo queen with suplex of her own. While not "ground game" per se, it's pretty obvious she has a good fundamental grasp of the defensive (offensive?) wrestling game. And the athleticism to make it work for her. That said, I suspect Jackson was hitting those elements pretty hard during her camp.
    Last edited by taadski; 01-19-2016 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    I think one of the things Holm really surprised Rousey with (among other things ) was how strong she was in the clinch. She's a big strong girl and she neutralized Rousey's take down attempts really effectively in that fight. Not to mention planting the judo queen with suplex of her own. While not "ground game" per se, it's pretty obvious she has a good fundamental grasp of the defensive (offensive?) wrestling game. And the athleticism to make it work for her. That said, I suspect Jackson was hitting those elements pretty hard during her camp.
    Just drop the hips and the strength of position changes. Watch some videos from Cecil or Southnarc on default position.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    I pretty much hate shit-talking, so I've always been annoyed by Connor McGregor. But, I feel like I've started to see that he is just being a very effective promoter. So then the shit-talk becomes amusing to me instead.
    I hate it when guys are JUST trash-talking. That posturing stuff just gets on my nerves pretty quickly.

Some guys do it with real strategy, though. I respect that a lot. If you really have some Jedi mind game, I want to see that put to use.

The way McGregor fights, I think he is both using the mind tricks and promoting well. Just taking a page out of the Ali play book.

User Tag List