Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming UFC fights

I'd like to see Miesha beat Holly but I'm not sure she can do it, Holly is too good of a boxer and her coaching is far superior to Caraway in the corner. Tate is scrappy enough to maybe get it on the ground and if that happens who knows.

McGregor... I'm pretty solid on the fanboi side right now and it's a scary fight but that's what makes them worth watching. I'd like to see Dos Frankenstein lose, never was a fan of his. I'm more disappointed in Cowboy's showing against him. Side note... Gonna be cool to see Cowboy here in Pittsburgh.

Tonight though... Tonight should be a good fight.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I don't see anyone in women's MMA being a serious threat to Holly Holm right now. Anyone has a punchers chance on any given night, but Holm has a good, well formed skill set. It isn't half hype, like Rousey. Tate has a nice ass, but she's going to get it beat. I don't think Rhonda's ever coming back. Her world was too mentally and physically destroyed by the beating she received from Holm. She bought into the hype like all of her yes men and had reality literally smack her in the face. She'll make a few movies until they realize how badly she sucks at that, then her fifteen minutes will be over.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Rousey with her current coaching won't do shit. If she went somewhere like Tristar they'd give her a chance, assuming the drive and motivation she has is real.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Rousey with her current coaching won't do shit. If she went somewhere like Tristar they'd give her a chance, assuming the drive and motivation she has is real.

I'm very impressed by Tristar. From their physical training to their mental training. Firas really impresses me with his analysis of all things fight related.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I don't see anyone in women's MMA being a serious threat to Holly Holm right now. Anyone has a punchers chance on any given night, but Holm has a good, well formed skill set. It isn't half hype, like Rousey. Tate has a nice ass, but she's going to get it beat. I don't think Rhonda's ever coming back. Her world was too mentally and physically destroyed by the beating she received from Holm. She bought into the hype like all of her yes men and had reality literally smack her in the face. She'll make a few movies until they realize how badly she sucks at that, then her fifteen minutes will be over.
    I agree with all of this.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post

Agreed, from what I've read.
    She needs another 4-5 months to heal from the concussion, and shouldn't do any sparring in that time. Once she's healthy, another what? 6 months at least to completely reinvent her game, IF she goes to a good camp. (Her current trainer seems a little sketchy. He just filed for bankruptcy, with all the money she's made?)
    Any fight before that will probably not go well and could be a career ender. So she's going to have to stay motivated, though I'm afraid the urge to cash in on movies and such may be her undoing.

Holly Holm is dangerous because her boxing skills let her dictate the pace and position of her fights. Unless someone shows up with superior ringcraft, they're going to wind up fighting Holm's fight. That's just a bad way to start things out.

Ronda isn't a bad fighter. She needs to figure out some way to establish the clinch, other that running straight in and getting socked a few times. Better cardio wouldn't hurt, either. Her clinch work and takedowns remain outstanding.

MacGregor is a fighter with a single money move - the southpaw straight left counter. I want to see how he fights with that punch taken away.
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

Site Supporter
    I've been thoroughly enjoying watching some of Dominic Cruz's old fights..that guy's style just makes me all warm and fuzzy.

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk

I pretty much hate shit-talking, so I've always been annoyed by Connor McGregor. But, I feel like I've started to see that he is just being a very effective promoter. So then the shit-talk becomes amusing to me instead.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    I pretty much hate shit-talking, so I've always been annoyed by Connor McGregor. But, I feel like I've started to see that he is just being a very effective promoter. So then the shit-talk becomes amusing to me instead.
    I think it's far more amusing considering his opponents know his game because they've seen it play out but they still fall into it.

User Tag List