Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming UFC fights

Site Supporter
    Jones V Cormier...like Matt Burkett vs Ben Stoeger?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I agree...but I'd rather see Cormier give him his comeuppance. (Not a fan of either.)

Halfway tempted to shelling out for the PPV but I probably won't.
    Jones gets my loyalty because he's a proud shooter and supporter of the 2A. Hopefully he has matured some.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Jones gets my loyalty because he's a proud shooter and supporter of the 2A. Hopefully he has matured some.
    When he first came up I thought that this was a phenomenal talent. Then with each passing month it seemed I had less reason to be enthusiastic about his raw talent.

I honestly don't care if he shoots or supports the 2A. I'd prefer if he would become a man one could respect and look up to. Then the rest might mean something. Just my own outdated, antiquated opinion.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    When he first came up I thought that this was a phenomenal talent. Then with each passing month it seemed I had less reason to be enthusiastic about his raw talent.

I honestly don't care if he shoots or supports the 2A. I'd prefer if he would become a man one could respect and look up to. Then the rest might mean something. Just my own outdated, antiquated opinion.
    We're pretty much on the same page.
    #RESIST

Like him or not, Jon Jones is an amazing talent; stronger than people think, flawless transitions and adapts very very quickly. He has been out awhile, but I think he beats Cormier. Cormier is great wrestler that struggles to make weight at 205. Not really sure why as he's really short for the division. Can he win? Of course, he's an olympic level wrestler/great athlete himself. But Jones, at least before his suspension, is top 2 or 3 talent in the world. Hard guy to beat at 205. If he moves up a division; who knows but at 05, king until beaten. I'm not addressing their personal issues because I don't know either one of them.

Tyron Woodley is one of the most underrated fighters in MMA. Not sure why. I remember in his strikeforce days people overlooked him even back then and still do. I haven't watched Maia fight in awhile, so I don't know how good his standup has become, but it better have improved or he better hope he can take down Woodley and submit him.

Cyborg is, well, a machine. Hard to bet against her

Ruthless Robbie and Cowboy Cerrone. I'm hoping this is just a burner of a fight. I probably won't buy the PPV either, but if I was, it would be for this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimura View Post
    Like him or not, Jon Jones is an amazing talent; stronger than people think, flawless transitions and adapts very very quickly. He has been out awhile, but I think he beats Cormier. Cormier is great wrestler that struggles to make weight at 205. Not really sure why as he's really short for the division. Can he win? Of course, he's an olympic level wrestler/great athlete himself. But Jones, at least before his suspension, is top 2 or 3 talent in the world. Hard guy to beat at 205. If he moves up a division; who knows but at 05, king until beaten. I'm not addressing their personal issues because I don't know either one of them.

Tyron Woodley is one of the most underrated fighters in MMA. Not sure why. I remember in his strikeforce days people overlooked him even back then and still do. I haven't watched Maia fight in awhile, so I don't know how good his standup has become, but it better have improved or he better hope he can take down Woodley and submit him.

Cyborg is, well, a machine. Hard to bet against her

Ruthless Robbie and Cowboy Cerrone. I'm hoping this is just a burner of a fight. I probably won't buy the PPV either, but if I was, it would be for this fight.
    I think for Cowboy to win, (and I hope he does), he needs to get to Lawler early.

Last time I watched Maia I thought he looked less invincible than in the past and took damage. That said, if he gets Woodley on the ground and can keep him there...

Agree totally about Jones' ability. He's exceptionally gifted.

Cowboy versus Lawler makes me want to buy the PPV...
    #RESIST

I've got Jones by TKO, Maia by submission, Lawler by TKO, and, kinda goes without saying, Cyborg by absolute annihilation. I'd like to pick Cowboy Cerrone to win, but lately he's been far too active, taken some damage, and probably not enough time off but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Cowboy versus Lawler makes me want to buy the PPV...
    If you get it maybe I'll cave...

This is a no brainer PPV purchase.

Renan Barao on the prelims?!

Maia is my hopeful winner, Cyborg is a lock, unsure on the main. DC would be cool because rematch potential.

As for DC, he seems like he could be a tremendous 185'er.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List