Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Kimber is introducing a revolver

Site Supporter
    A K-frame sized lightweight RB .38 special with 2.5 to 3 inches of barrel would get my attention and maybe my AMEX card...

New for 2016, Kimber introduces a revolver malfunction never seen before!
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I think they'll have a tough row to hoe. There's not much meat left on the bone for improvements to the revolver that more established players with tradition and a market following in place haven't already offered. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I think they'll have a tough row to hoe. There's not much meat left on the bone for improvements to the revolver that more established players with tradition and a market following in place haven't already offered. We'll see.
    Agreed. Personally, I think orionZ06 is on it…

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I disagree.

Sure, you're right about the product side. But from the Financial Desk view ,there's plenty of market room for shiny safe ornament revolvers who 90% of the customer base won't fire more then 80 times a year.

Talk about nice margins; Kimber could make them out of zinc and few would notice as long as the finish held up. The profits would more than pay for the warranty claims by the 10% who'd shoot them often enough to see them break.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    That cylinder looks suspiciously similar to the Chiappa offerings

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    That cylinder looks suspiciously similar to the Chiappa offerings
    I was just thinking, what could one do to capture the Cleti dollar... Crossbreed a Chiappa Rhino with a Taurus Judge and chamber it in moonclipped .45 Win Mag/410.
    Last edited by NEPAKevin; 01-16-2016 at 01:50 PM.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    I was just thinking, what could one do to capture the Cleti dollar... Crossbreed a Chiappa Rhino with a Taurus Judge and chamber it in moonclipped .45 Win Mag/410.
    God I hope not...

Being the sort who wrenches on guns, I've found the new Kimbers aren't actually that bad...keep the frame, the slide and the parts....except throw away the Swartz safety, ditch the barrel for something that doesn't batter itself into position or finish fitting the lower lugs on the one you got....and you'll probably have something that has the same quality as a Colt...which costs about the same and you only need to do half the crap!

They fell far from what they were. The older Kimbers were fantastic. Perfect example of a no nonsense 1911. When they added that stupid Swartz safety stuff started going downhill...and for some reason, they undercut the lower lugs. Freaking always. If you want to see a perfect example of lower lug battering, just strip down a new production Kimber with 1,500 or so rounds through it. I really don't recommend them, except as a frame/slide parts kit...but if that's what you're after, there are much better options on the market now.

I'm intrigued by the idea of a revolver from Kimber, but just looking at the cylinder makes me think it's gonna be a total cluster. I'm thinking a rebranded Rhino that's way more expensive and still plagued by the same issues...

"nevah been done befoh!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    I don't know offhand of a medium quality revolver they could import with their name on it and it is hard to imagine anybody tooling up for a new sixshooter.

How about a six-squirt tear gas dispenser?
    Someone else said it looks Rhinoish. The Italians have made new guns (Mateba, Rhino) and imported them; wouldn't be surprising to see Kimber pull an XD and rebadge whatever the Rhino 2.0 is. Italy has a thriving revolver base that might be finally branching out into double actions. Wasn't there a rumour of a Uberti Python floating around awhile back?

A rebadged Italian or German gun (whatever happened to that "inexpensive" weird little Korth that never materialized?) wouldn't be terribly surprising. Odds on the former since now that I look at it yeah...that's awful close to a Rhino cylinder.

How good are the Rhinos anyway?

User Tag List