Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PPS M2

Did they change the mags along more conventional lines, Steve? I intensely disliked the original PPS' mag base plates.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Did they change the mags along more conventional lines, Steve? I intensely disliked the original PPS' mag base plates.
    Yeah, the original baseplates with those goofy rearward extensions bugged me too:

Name:  mag_pps.jpg
Views: 1522
Size:  34.5 KB

The new plates are much improved, although Walther still wants to cover the frame gap (why not a grip plug?) with the extended mags:

Name:  ppsmag - 1.jpg
Views: 1397
Size:  44.7 KB

Name:  ppsmag - 1 (1).jpg
Views: 1391
Size:  28.6 KB

Name:  ppsmag - 1 (2).jpg
Views: 1377
Size:  50.9 KB

Name:  ppsmag - 1 (3).jpg
Views: 1386
Size:  27.3 KB

Name:  ppsmag - 1 (4).jpg
Views: 1409
Size:  49.3 KB

Steve,

Thank you for the pictures and your review of the PPS M2. The PPS is my EDC and favorite single stack 9mm. I just have never been a fan of its paddle release. I planning on picking up the M2 especially with Tonys holsters being available soon.

Just picked my M2 up at LGS a few hours ago. Haven't shot it, just handled it, alongside my 43.

As a pure pocket pistol, I think the 43 is a tad smaller, and enough to matter in a pocket. As a pure shooting little gun, I am pretty sure the M2 will be better. The little amount it is bigger than the 43 is all in the right places. I particularly like the wide, flat trigger on the M2, and of course that it has a micro Gadget like feature built in.

I like the classic PPS, but for a few things, and the M2 addresses all of them. I bet Walther sells bushels of the ew M2, especially at their price.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    and of course that it has a micro Gadget like feature built in.
    I've only heard this talked about a few times. Does covering the back protrusion reliably work similar to a Gadget/Hammer? I imagine it might be pretty sensitive to finger placement.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    I've only heard this talked about a few times. Does covering the back protrusion reliably work similar to a Gadget/Hammer? I imagine it might be pretty sensitive to finger placement.
    See bottom photo in post 1. Not as elegant as the Gadget, but workable.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    See bottom photo in post 1. Not as elegant as the Gadget, but workable.
    Roger. Anything else worthy of noting in your hands-on experience with it? I am theoretically aware of it but haven't played with it in person.

Vending Machine Operator
    I love my M1 but prefer button releases. I love the grip of the M1 but I like the look of those magazines better.

I must have changed my mind on whether or not to buy the M2 5 times since I heard about it.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 01-17-2016 at 01:45 AM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Roger. Anything else worthy of noting in your hands-on experience with it? I am theoretically aware of it but haven't played with it in person.
    Now have 300 rounds of mixed ball and HP through it, no drama. I like the trigger; as mentioned previously, it is a smooth 6 lbs, feels lighter, but the shape of the trigger is great. It's a curved trigger with a broad, flat face which seems to promote a straight pull to the rear, regardless of where your finger ends up on the face. Great ergos for a small pistol, easy to control rapid fire.

With regard to the striker stud, it is obviously not the wide surface of the Gadget, but firm thumb pressure on the stud will push the trigger forward. If the idea is to give some tactile warning of trigger movement during reholstering AIWB, then I think this will do the job for me.

Still none to physically see here in the Tampa area.

Meanwhile:

Does it use a 'stepped' chamber?

Does the takedown 'really' require pressing the trigger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List