Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why no kac love?

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Is it ironed out in their mod 2's?
    I don't have much experience with the newest stuff. As I said, I think they have improved them, but it's a hard sell institutionally because of previous problems. My only point was that the history of them probably has to do with their "less love" status, at least among many groups with extensive history. As an individual owner, I'm sure there are plenty of happy customers. I'm also pretty well up to speed on who is using them today, and I assume they are happy with the newer ones. I can check on that, but it hasn't really mattered much to me to do so.

As I said before, I have no issues with KAC products, and I don't hold their history against them. If I had to start carrying one tomorrow, I would treat it like everything else and see how it did. Every gun company makes mistakes. Every gun company puts out a poor product from time to time, either in design or execution. As long as they learn from it and fix it, that's all any of us can really ask.

Aside from the guns themselves, KAC has led the industry in certain areas, and I was using their products for a long time before they started building guns. I think some of the stuff they make today is still as good as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    A friend has one and it is a nice gun. I would be curious as to what kind of ammo the 2 MOA is based on because I think with match ammo they could probably hit 1 MOA.

Most of the time we setup some steel at 100-300 yards and have fun with M855.

The groups I am seeing online with mk262 hover around 1moa at 100 yards for 5 to 10 shots.

With a certain SME working at KAC, I would definitely buy one of their products. I'm astounded at the attention to detail and function of my SR30 upper.
    #RESIST

Where is the best place to buy a complete SR15? I have been on the fence for a while and want to finally purchase one soon.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kram View Post
    Where is the best place to buy a complete SR15? I have been on the fence for a while and want to finally purchase one soon.

Thanks
    IMO, Ayan at boltcarrier.com is the best place to purchase anything KAC. I met him years ago when I was in the industry, and I do everything I can to support him. On top of that, he is a KAC certified armorer, and does outstanding shop work. I'm not alone in this sentiment, as he is the popular choice amongst avid KAC fans. That is where I purchased my Mod 2, and it also happened to be the best price around when I bought it.

That being said, I've bought KAC products from Gun Gallery in Jax, Neil and the gang are a great bunch. I've also purchased from Operational Parts, but that's because nobody else had the part I needed. Experience was fine, but I don't know them. Lawmen's is also a good source, as they're affiliated with KAC.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    IMO, Ayan at boltcarrier.com is the best place to purchase anything KAC. I met him years ago when I was in the industry, and I do everything I can to support him. On top of that, he is a KAC certified armorer, and does outstanding shop work. I'm not alone in this sentiment, as he is the popular choice amongst avid KAC fans. That is where I purchased my Mod 2, and it also happened to be the best price around when I bought it.

That being said, I've bought KAC products from Gun Gallery in Jax, Neil and the gang are a great bunch. I've also purchased from Operational Parts, but that's because nobody else had the part I needed. Experience was fine, but I don't know them. Lawmen's is also a good source, as they're affiliated with KAC.
    I've met Ayan and the guys from Gun Gallary. All good dudes, all solid KAC fans.

Helps that they are down the road from the factory
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I've met Ayan and the guys from Gun Gallary. All good dudes, all solid KAC fans.

Helps that they are down the road from the factory
    Yes it does, haha. And they're all shooters, with many active in the growth of the sport, one of which founded the US Carbine Association (2-gun). They're constantly at carbine matches and hosting big name trainers for classes. Last year they started a quarterly SPR/DMR match that I have yet to attend. I think it's impossible to live in central Florida and not be a KAC fan.
    Last edited by StraitR; 01-16-2016 at 03:07 PM. Reason: forgot what year it was. =P

Yes it does, haha. And they're all shooters, with many active in the growth of the sport, one of which founded the US Carbine Association (2-gun). They're constantly at carbine matches and hosting big name trainers for classes. Last year they started a quarterly SPR/DMR match that I have yet to attend. I think it's impossible to live in central Florida and not be a KAC fan.
    I was down there early '15 for one of F2S's classes, everyone had SR25's, everyone so happy, it was 80 degrees....in Feb....basically impossible not be into shooting with those temps.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I was down there early '15 for one of F2S's classes, everyone had SR25's, everyone so happy, it was 80 degrees....in Feb....basically impossible not be into shooting with those temps.
    Nice, and you're absolutely right. It's 78 right now and we're headed to some friends house for a bonfire. My buddy and I are going to go off and attempt to call in some yotes while the kids make smores. I'd love to hit one of Jacks classes, but babies and the wife leaving her RN job to start her own business has put the squeeze on my fun money.

Next time you're down this way, give me shout and I'll buy you a beer.
    Last edited by StraitR; 01-16-2016 at 03:22 PM.

Nice, and you're absolutely right. It's 78 right now and we're headed to some friends house for a bonfire. My friend and I are going to go off and attempt to call in some yotes while the kids make smores. I'd love to hit one of Jacks classes, but babies and the wife leaving her RN job to start her own business has put the squeeze on my fun money.

Next time you're down this way, give me shout and I'll buy you a beer.
    Definitely, though it'll probably be for another one of F2S's classes.
    VDMSR.com

User Tag List