Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why no kac love?

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post

I like this.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Mostly agree with those above. the SR15 is pretty much the only turn-key, out-of-the-box solution available, if one wants anything beyond retro/KISS/bare-bones of a Colt 6520/6920, that I would buy. But the price carries with it a perception of premium (although we've certainly all seen sub-standard guns slathered in sub-standard or mis-applied parts that aggregate out to a higher cost).

I'm still weighing whether I go through the trouble of bringing my three Colts up to date or just go buy two KACs. Right now the latter option is winning...

One thing I'm curious about...

when I wrote my article for SWAT about the KAC SR15 prototype I had on loan, Trey told me at the time that they were intended to be 2 MOA guns. Is that still true? Anyone done any meaningful accuracy testing to show it to be un-true? I'm not talking the usual "I once shot a dime-sized, three-shot, group of three with my handloads" but something more substantial.
    Last edited by rob_s; 01-15-2016 at 04:17 PM.

Im not condeming kac in anyway, but some of us have had lots of their guns in professional settings. Things didnt always work out well. That may be one reason there is less love than for other brands. Some of their newer stuff is definitely better, but it is hard to overcome a poor history, as many of you can attest to with S&W.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Im not condeming kac in anyway, but some of us have had lots of their guns in professional settings. Things didnt always work out well. That may be one reason there is less love than for other brands. Some of their newer stuff is definitely better, but it is hard to overcome a poor history, as many of you can attest to with S&W.
    Do you refer to the 5.56, or the m110?

I'ma big fan of most of KAC's products, however, I know that they fell out of favor with a lot of people a while back due to some of the early URX rail mounting issues (barrel nut).

My SR15E3 has proven very reliable through several thousand rounds and a number of carbine classes. Many seem to take issue with the proprietary bolt, but considering you're more likely to shoot out the cold hammer forged barrel before you experience a bolt failure, I've never found it an issue.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Do you refer to the 5.56, or the m110?
    Both, plus other models.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Both, plus other models.
    Is it ironed out in their mod 2's?

It's not the latest, sexiest long railed Keymod or MLOK...but I'm a fan of the KAC RAS. It's built like a tank, it's what's on my M4 at work, and you can't beat $150 for a blemished RAS direct from KAC.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

One thing I'm curious about...

when I wrote my article for SWAT about the KAC SR15 prototype I had on loan, Trey told me at the time that they were intended to be 2 MOA guns. Is that still true? Anyone done any meaningful accuracy testing to show it to be un-true? I'm not talking the usual "I once shot a dime-sized, three-shot, group of three with my handloads" but something more substantial.
    A friend has one and it is a nice gun. I would be curious as to what kind of ammo the 2 MOA is based on because I think with match ammo they could probably hit 1 MOA.

Most of the time we setup some steel at 100-300 yards and have fun with M855.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List