Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Legion P229R first range session

Despite my initial disdain for Sigs Legionnaire marketing, I want one. The 229 is one of my all time favorite Sigs and I've never owned one. I've been trying to decide between this and a Wilson Beretta compact. It's a toss up on which is "better" but the Sig tugs at my heart strings. Plus I get to be in a club. Street cred dude.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Longer thumbs might be useful, but this is a shooting forum. Then I'd be one of the ones complaining about glock slide releases and such...

So, just to clarify, when you put your thumb over the top of the hammer, it is impossible to pull the trigger?
    I don't like words like impossible or never. When I compare my Legion and SAS 229, it feels like I have a stronger push on the hammer with the no beavertail SAS, and if you put both on a mechanical fixture, my guess is the Legion would show you are getting less mechanical advantage for a given amount of thumb strength. However, on the Legion I am still blocking the hammer completely when I try to pull the trigger.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Longer thumbs might be useful, but this is a shooting forum. Then I'd be one of the ones complaining about glock slide releases and such...

So, just to clarify, when you put your thumb over the top of the hammer, it is impossible to pull the trigger?
    I can't speak to the new legion specifically, but I can completely block the normal beavertailed Sigs effectively, if that helps. Guessing you've already messed extensively with those though.

t

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Despite my initial disdain for Sigs Legionnaire marketing, I want one. The 229 is one of my all time favorite Sigs and I've never owned one. I've been trying to decide between this and a Wilson Beretta compact. It's a toss up on which is "better" but the Sig tugs at my heart strings. Plus I get to be in a club. Street cred dude.

When it comes to aesthetics of modern (say Post War) pistols I think Sig P series are tops of semi autos.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

This just makes me want a legion even more.. thanks for the glowing endorsement...I think?

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Thanks George, I was waiting for your review. I've been on the fence about ordering one, especially since they are on the IOP list.
    I've tried to find it on the IOP and can't. What do they have them listed at? Is there a 2016 list somewhere?

“If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

GJM,

Did you really just write that buying an expensive pistol was justified because it saved you the cost of some Hogue grips? :-)
    I'm still getting over GJM buying "an" expensive pistol instead of his usual six pack 😀 Guess those Legions really are hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I've tried to find it on the IOP and can't. What do they have them listed at? Is there a 2016 list somewhere?

Top Gun Supply has them listed, but out of stock at the moment. You can sign up for email notification when they are back in stock. I just did.

http://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-saue...egion-iop.html

GJM,

Did you really just write that buying an expensive pistol was justified because it saved you the cost of some Hogue grips? :-)
    Makes sense, I mean you buy an airplane to get free peanuts for life, don't you?
    Participation does not equal Proficiency
    - Mike Pannone

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I don't like words like impossible or never. When I compare my Legion and SAS 229, it feels like I have a stronger push on the hammer with the no beavertail SAS, and if you put both on a mechanical fixture, my guess is the Legion would show you are getting less mechanical advantage for a given amount of thumb strength. However, on the Legion I am still blocking the hammer completely when I try to pull the trigger.
    That will work, thanks!

User Tag List