Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheese eating! Beards, fromage and guns

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    What thread started this nonsense? I have a beard, and a gun, and I love cheese. I eat it everyday. Redheads are nice too....
    Right there with you ... but as LSP 552 pointed out, wine is needed.

Maybe a nice Brouilly with that Alpkase?

Site Supporter
    The other thread with the attack on cheese:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ghlight=cheese

Maybe if instead of wine you drank beer with cheese. And ate bratwurst. That would be cool.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    What thread started this nonsense? I have a beard, and a gun, and I love cheese. I eat it everyday. Redheads are nice too....
    Amen brother, though I must admit I am more partial to Brunettes then Red Heads. I'm also quite fond of fine beers, bourbons, cigars, watches, and automobiles.

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    Amen brother, though I must admit I am more partial to Brunettes then Red Heads. I'm also quite fond of fine beers, bourbons, cigars, watches, and automobiles.
    Brunettes are good too. Im all for equal opportunity, and I dont discriminate based on color:-)

I do discriminate on marriage though, and since i can only be married to one woman, im quite happy with whatever her hair color is.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    In another thread, cheese eaters were denounced as not true members of the gun toting tough person paradigm.

Well, today I decided to see if one could exist in both worlds. I received an e-mail newsletter from my favorite cheese store in Austin (Antonellis) touting:

Thus, I decided to make road trip. To keep up my bearded credentials (beard, a down vest, Glock, knife, light, etc.) I stopped at Cabelas as I had a gift card. It had tons o' guns (high priced) and lots of ammo. No shortage. The card was sufficient to buy a box of SigSauer Elite Performance Sig V-Crown 230 gr 45 ACP JHP. Never shot it, so that will be fun. On to Austin and Book People, and then Antonellis. Well, that was a dose of culture. By the way, Antonellis had a very cute redheaded cheese monger (oh, to be young again). We had a nice discussion of the rules of raw milk cheese. She was quite the SME on fromage. On to GT Distributors, where I used some holiday loot to buy some mags (G42, G26 and G17). They have good prices as compared to any LGS or big store. Had a nice discussion of 9, vs 40, vs 45 with a tall store employee with a beard. Pleasant but it did not stir my heart as did the red head.

The Alpkase is great. We just had some. So cheese eater rejoice. Would I rather work as a gun store employee or an affineur? Guess.

I will be very anxious to hear how the Sig ammo performs, Sir.

I, too, have a beard, a gun, and used to carry on an almost daily basis at my local fromagerie when I worked/lived a couple blocks away. Also, I like red heads.

All is not lost simply because a couple men have elected to make conclusions about something they've tried for years without receiving any training.

Of all people, we should know better than to confuse enjoying cheese with being good at eating it.

Site Supporter
    Cheese thieves steal $7 million worth of parmesan in two years

Forget jewels and watches, the real money is apparently in cheese, because thieves in Italy have managed to make off with $7 million worth of Parmesan in just two years.

According to The Local, over the past two years thieves have stolen roughly six million euros, or $6.85 million, worth of high-end Italian Parmesan cheese.

Parmigiano-Reggiano is a favorite target of thieves because it’s portable, expensive, and surprisingly easy to steal from small, artisanal producers who do not have heavily-guarded warehouses or high-tech security systems. One 40-kilogram wheel of two-year-old aged Parmesan is worth about $570, according to Riccardo Deserti, the director of Italy’s Parmesan Cheese Consortium, and in a single heist thieves can generally make off with thousands of euros worth of cheese.

“The problem is, we're talking about rural, artisanal producers, small businesses that are often not equipped with advanced anti-theft systems,” Deserti said.

Cheese is also relatively easy to sell. The wheels are marked by their producers, but thieves can just cut up the wheels into smaller pieces and sell them to unsuspecting cheese-lovers in Italy and the rest of Europe.
    http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/...ntcmp=obinsite

User Tag List