Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best value Glock rear sight pusher?

I have some $5 nylon punches from eBay and a vise. Biggest thing I learned was to take your time and don't try to force a sight that's too large into a dovetail, take your time and fit it correctly

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

You can't go wrong with a good sight pusher like the Maryland Gun Works design, but here's a somewhat less expensive option that works on a number of platforms, not just Glocks:

http://www.sightpushertool.com/default.html
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

I installed night sights on three Glocks so far this week with an MGW sight tool and all are within .002 and centered. I believe in doing precision work.

MGW is awesome.. I frequently take it with me to help zero rear sights. Once I decided to invest in Glock it was a no-brainer for me. I don't feel like taking a vice or block with me to hammer away while I'm shooting.

$99.99 on Midway and I'm sure you can google a coupon.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/884...ght-tool-glock
    Last edited by GAP; 01-13-2016 at 07:35 PM.

Agree on MGW, had one for many years, solid, no shifting, makes lateral adjustment quick & easy, plus it's less expensive than the OEM Glock sight pusher.

The MGW sight pusher for the Colt 1911 works well too.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    You can't go wrong with a good sight pusher like the Maryland Gun Works design, but here's a somewhat less expensive option that works on a number of platforms, not just Glocks:

http://www.sightpushertool.com/default.html
    I have this. It is not great for actually pushing in and out sights, especially stucked in ones. Hammer and punch first then this for the fine adjustmnts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Of late, I've been using my LGS. They can get me Ameriglo products cheaper that I can directly, and will install for free if bought from them. And if something goes wrong, it's on them to make it right. This is also an indoor range, so I can go check POA/POI at the time as well.
    Last edited by Chuck Whitlock; 01-14-2016 at 02:21 PM.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

I've always used a brass or delrin punch and a hammer. You can get them close while holding the slide and smacking the sights with a nylon or rawhide hammer, but all of my rear sights are plain black, and I don't know that I'd try that with tritium rears. I generally put the slide on a piece of 2x10 on the bench, but as mentioned by Orionz, it can be placed on the garage floor as well. I've never had an issue making small adjustments on Glocks. I do have a factory Glock pusher, but prefer to use the hammer/punch.

User Tag List