Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best value Glock rear sight pusher?

I couldn't get the precision I wanted with the "hammer and punch" method to make the adjustments I needed for hits at 25 yards.

Luckily, a buddy (and forum member here) let me borrow his site pusher.
    Is the boy you were proud of the man you are?

Fimbo iliyo mkononi, ndio iuwayo nyoka!

I own MGW sight pushers for every make in my possesion, except 1911s. I use a punch and hammer, or roll unzeroed, because .45.

But seriously, my range time is hourly, so a proper sight tool allows me to use that limited time more efficiently.

Site Supporter
    I bought a MGW pusher a few years ago. It has not yet paid for itself, but I'm still glad I have it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Yet another MGW vote. It has paid for itself by now with all of the sights I've installed for friends.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I'm one of the "soft faced hammer and/or brass drift" people.

Never had an issue, either with adjustments or damage. Currently own about half a dozen glocks.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Site Supporter
    I'm one of those "Brass punch+Hammer+immense profanity". A vice really helps, but is not entirely necessary for that method to work. I can't justify spending more than a hundred bucks on a sight pusher when I only own two glocks and two (and a half) 1911's...the punch is the same cost regardless and I use it for every gun I own. Just mark a little dot in the center of the slide and the sight and then align them and get hits.

From experience with the less than $100 universal sight pushers, they work. They do not for every model very easily, but they definitely work just fine for Glocks.

I like the MGW Pro, but frankly it seems overkill on a Glock. A regular MGW is faster on a Glock, as it doesn't have all the adjustments of the Pro.

For those dissing the hammer and punch, I think it is a software problem. I have used one for years, and still carry them in my range bag, as they are smaller than bringing a MGW. The key is to put a small paint dot on rear sight and slide, so you can visualize how far you need to drift, and make fast, light continuous taps to move the rear sight in a linear fashion. Keep the hammer moving, just like pressing a Glock trigger.

The single most efficient method might be to shoot with VoodooMan, and I understand he will do it for free, using his hammer and punch to get practice.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I use dedicated sight pushers, OEM or MGW.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Site Supporter
    Another vote for the MGW. I purchased mine prior to having a vise and due to the ease of adjusting sights at the range. Plus, it was better than what smiths around here are charging to put sights on...

User Tag List