Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ongoing research unmasking VA's Attorney General's work with the CSGV to limit CCW

Ongoing research unmasking VA's Attorney General's work with the CSGV to limit CCW

#RESIST

Am I overlooking something here? The "unintended consequence" (politically inspired or not) appears to be the restrictive verbiage in the statue requiring that VA's reciprocity with other states be established on similar issuing requirements. This appears to be an effort to comply with their own laws ..... which they hadn't been doing in the past.
    Last edited by 41magfan; 01-12-2016 at 09:46 AM.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    Am I overlooking something here? The "unintended consequence" (politically inspired or not) appears to be the restrictive verbiage in the statue requiring that VA's reciprocity with other states be established on similar issuing requirements. This appears to be an effort to comply with their own laws ..... which they hadn't been doing in the past.
    This is subtle chipping away at CCW, driven completely by the CGSV telling the VA Attorney General what to do.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2015...torney-general
    #RESIST

I'd like to think I recognize most of the subtle tactics used by the left, but I think there's clear evidence that the boogie man in this case is the statutory requirement. The VA legislature simply needs to alleviate any ambiguity or wiggle room for antics inspired by politics.

Site Supporter
    I'd like to think I recognize most of the subtle tactics used by the left, but I think there's clear evidence that the boogie man in this case is the statutory requirement. The VA legislature simply needs to alleviate any ambiguity or wiggle room for antics inspired by politics.
    You mean like the founding fathers did when they drafted the Second Amendment?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Agreed.

Any Virginias looking to do so, please consider joining us at Lobby Day on January 18th and speak directly to your representatives!

Info in thread below.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....y-January-18th

Well, well, well ..... isn't that interesting how that all worked out?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...cc8_story.html

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I don't want a deal.

I want legislation that removes discretion from the AG and those fucktards in charge of the state police. Making concessions to get back to the status quo is a fucking stupid move which will guarantee future assaults.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 01-28-2016 at 08:06 PM.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I don't want a deal.

I want legislation that removes discretion from the AG and those fucktards in charge of the state police. Making concessions to get back to the status quo is a fucking stupid move which will guarantee future assaults.
    No dog in this fight but... VA just gave up rights to keep the rights it already had.

I'm thinking in line with TCinVA's appraisal.

I would push forward with the legislation; no more forcing R's to the table because they bent some elbows on reciprocity. I'd go after charges and expose the scandal as much as possible against the AG.

God Bless,

Brandon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I don't want a deal.

The law will actually be improved, Virginia will recognize carry permits from any state and the AG will be required by law to enter into agreements with others state, which could improve recognition of Virginia's permit in up to eight states.

User Tag List