Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Duty holster for a G19 with a Surefire XC1

Safariland 6360 0r 7360 for the G19 w/ TLR/X300. These holsters (at least the 6360) index off a peg in the muzzle instead of the light.....the weapon can be secured without the light, so if your light is a little small, it shouldn't be an issue.

You ought to be able to lay hands on one and try it out, if you've got any stocking police gear stores nearby.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Safariland 6360 0r 7360 for the G19 w/ TLR/X300. These holsters (at least the 6360) index off a peg in the muzzle instead of the light.....the weapon can be secured without the light, so if your light is a little small, it shouldn't be an issue.

You ought to be able to lay hands on one and try it out, if you've got any stocking police gear stores nearby.
    I'll check it out

I was going to recommend the 6360s also. As mentioned, they retain the pistol without the light. Should work as long as the light/accessory profile is smaller than the X300.

Quote Originally Posted by frankepc View Post
    The current offerings from surefire outside of the XC-1 offer too much light for the purposes of CQB and pistol work. My handheld is 400 lumens and thats pushing the boundaries....The current x300 is useless for pistol work, more lumens does not equal a better light.

I'm curious about these comments. Care to expound?

Site Supporter
    G17/XC1 fits fine in a 7360 light compatable Safariland.

Quote Originally Posted by frankepc View Post
    I don’t know what a TV show has to with this thread, but I currently run a 7TS with a ALS guard. From what the manufacturer told me they currently have no plans to make any holster that are compatible with the surefire XC-1.
    I look to the show Quantico for all cutting edge shooting and lovin' stuff.

I called Bill Rogers, and here is the deal. The 7TS holster for the Glock/SF X300 will fit the XC1. They also have XC1 specific holsters underway for the Glock and M&P, due out end of Q1.

Other news, is they will have at SHOT a 575 holster, while is just like the GLS 578, but IWB. Angle is adjustable so it can be worn AIWB.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    I'm equally curious. I stayed a bit late at the range yesterday to use test out the XC1 during twilight conditions. It's really a 0-15 yard light. From 25 yards, it provides enough light to see my sights just fine, but target identification is difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    Same!

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I’ve been working the night shift as an LEO for 6-7 years now and I’ve had multiple lights with 500-900 lumen range. For the purposes of searching in open fields and canals they work great but for indoor use and as a pistol light they offer too much light intensity. With anything over 400 lumens I usually end up blinding myself and others as well as killing my night vision. White walls, mirrors, and shiny/reflective surfaces are a bitch. The XC-1 works just fine for me past 25 yards on a pistol. Also when do you think you’ll ever find yourself in a situation where you need to illuminate past 25 yards to make a shot in any situation? Yes it’s true that many defensive situations both in conceal carry as well as officer involved, occur in low light, but that’s low light not no light. The new X300 is a great light but I would much rather put it on a long gun. Also the X300 and similar offering are huge, and although I’m sure tons of people can carry it concealed, I’d rather not.

By the way thanks for the info from Bill Rogers, I guess I’ll be waiting patiently until it comes out.

User Tag List