Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Duty holster for a G19 with a Surefire XC1

Looking for a Duty holster for a G19 with a Surefire XC1

I’ve seen it somewhere I just can’t remember where, there is a custom kydex holster maker that uses the safariland retention system similar to the 6004 series for their custom holsters. For some reason at the moment it seems impossible to find a holster for a Glock 19 with the surefire XC-1. I won't use anything that has a spring-loaded hood that stuff is just no good for LEO work. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Dara holster w/ hood is all I can find for now.
    #RESIST

If it's in a duty holster why not just use a U-boat?

The XC1 really fits in a narrow niche of concealed carry. I would strongly recommend a full-size light like the X300U for duty use. Much better throw, run-time, availability of a remote switch, etc.

I would run a X300 or TLR-1 as a weapons light and use the xc-1 as a concealed carry light. This would allow you to get a Safariland 6280 or ALS model for your duty belt. Safariland is where it is at in my and my wifes opinion on duty holsters. You can find all sorts of Glock 19 and Glock 17 duty holsters on sale.

XC-1 was made specifically for concealed carry from my talks with surefire reps.

In the end a TLR-1 and Safariland might be cheaper than having a custom XC-1 holster.

The current offerings from surefire outside of the XC-1 offer too much light for the purposes of CQB and pistol work. My handheld is 400 lumens and thats pushing the boundaries. I've used the APL and streamlight and both are lacking in ruggedness and reliability. I'm and LEO and work exclusively on the night shift. The current x300 is useless for pistol work, more lumens does not equal a better light.

Quote Originally Posted by frankepc View Post
    The current offerings from surefire outside of the XC-1 offer too much light for the purposes of CQB and pistol work. My handheld is 400 lumens and thats pushing the boundaries. I've used the APL and streamlight and both are lacking in ruggedness and reliability. I'm and LEO and work exclusively on the night shift. The current x300 is useless for pistol work, more lumens does not equal a better light.
    I use an X300 all the time and find it to work well. Mine is around 250L, I think, and I thought they were still pretty easily available. If you can't find one, and want one, let me know.

ets: might even be less than 250, not sure. 170? I'll have to check the box when get a chance.
    Last edited by SLG; 01-12-2016 at 06:52 AM.

Not sure if it helps, but on the TV show Quantico, they are using the Safariland 7TS holster.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Not sure if it helps, but on the TV show Quantico, they are using the Safariland 7TS holster.
    I don’t know what a TV show has to with this thread, but I currently run a 7TS with a ALS guard. From what the manufacturer told me they currently have no plans to make any holster that are compatible with the surefire XC-1.

SLG if I can’t find what I’m looking for I’ll definitely shoot you a message. Let me clarify, the purpose of my little project is to train and work with a single gun without having to take accessories on and off. I want to be able to use a permanently set up gun for duty, HD, and concealed carry. At this time there are currently only a few options available as far as a truly compact WML is concerned, the options shrink considerably when looking for a quality duty rig for it.

User Tag List