Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: .380 vs pit bull

Quote Originally Posted by tanner View Post
    I am a dog owner myself. He is the friendliest and most submissive pup you will probably ever meet.

Having said that, if he were to leave my property and approach someone who ended up shooting him, the blame would be all mine.

I understand mistakes happen, hell I have made many myself, but the responsibility here ultimately lies with the dog owner for not having control of his dog.

I also wish the dog a speedy recovery, but can't see how the shooter should be charged for anything in this particular instance.
    ^^^^^ This ^^^^^
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I'm referring to the parts where he said the dog was friendly and this bit below as it seems that the OP has more info than the rest of us.

It sounds like the neighbor got a new gat for Christmas and was itching to try it out.
    Perhaps. I still figure it's best to avoid passing judgment when one doesn't know everything that went on in a situation.

These kinds of discussions are interesting, as people tend to simply project their own issues onto the situation and come up with a conclusion that best absolves them of their own failings.

Myself, I live in a sub-rural area where I have been advised by the locals that "dogs get out around here" to which I have replied "and if they come up on me and mine while "out" and even look crossyed I'll happily shoot them until dead.

sorry, human>dog, and [my humans]>[someone else's dog]

It's good to get an idea of what an FMJ .380 might do in such a situation. I wonder, in these cases, if one is better served with more ammo or bigger bullets (assuming there is a limitation)?
    Last edited by rob_s; 01-11-2016 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I had to use my flash light the other day for this reason... guy was about to hit my dog with a shovel despite him being on my property... My dog wasn't even barking, just going to see him. Glad the dog will recover, hopefully the person is charged.
    That guy would have some serious explaining to do. He's lucky you only used a flashlight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    These kinds of discussions are interesting, as people tend to simply project their own issues onto the situation and come up with a conclusion that best absolves them of their own failings.

Myself, I live in a sub-rural area where I have been advised by the locals that "dogs get out around here" to which I have replied "and if they come up on me and mine while "out" and even look crossyed I'll happily shoot them until dead.

sorry, human>dog, and [my humans]>[someone else's dog]

It's good to get an idea of what an FMJ .380 might do in such a situation. I wonder, in these cases, if one is better served with more ammo or bigger bullets (assuming there is a limitation)?
    There are a lot of keyboard warriors looking to get their gun off that see other people's dogs as safe targets. This is why when I walk my pit I have to keep him on a tight lead, because I don't trust other people to be able to differentiate "lunging toward you to give you loves" between "lunging toward you to kill you."

Because most people, especially people who want to shoot dogs, are stupid fucks.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I'm referring to the parts where he said the dog was friendly and this bit below as it seems that the OP has more info than the rest of us.
    Why are you assuming the OP has more info? He wasn't there. Since the dog was nice and friendly after taking a few slugs he's assuming the shooter was in the wrong. He's obviously a dog lover who's projecting his own feelings onto the situation, as are you and most of the other posters in this thread. If this was a case of one human being shooting another most would be more than willing to give the shooter at least some benefit of the doubt. When a dog is involved it's an entirely different story for far too many of you. When pets are involved far too many people stick their heads way up their backsides. If the dog had been properly restrained by a responsible owner this never would have happened, end of story.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    There are a lot of keyboard warriors looking to get their gun off that see other people's dogs as safe targets. This is why when I walk my pit I have to keep him on a tight lead, because I don't trust other people to be able to differentiate "lunging toward you to give you loves" between "lunging toward you to kill you."

Because most people, especially people who want to shoot dogs, are stupid fucks.

I'd never want to shoot someone else's dog, but people need to keep their dogs away from my small children and I'll make sure to keep my kids away from them. If someone doesn’t know you or your dog, I'm not assuming your Pit has good intentions towards my 1 and 5 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    That's mighty neighborly of you.

I recognize most of the dogs in my neighborhood and if one gets loose, I take some treats out, leash it, and take it home. No big deal. The one time I couldn't locate an owner I called the dog warden.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    I'd never want to shoot someone else's dog, but people need to keep their dogs away from my small children and I'll make sure to keep my kids away from them. If someone doesn’t know you or your dog, I'm not assuming your Pit has good intentions towards my 1 and 5 year old.
    That's a perfectly reasonable attitude. I'm not talking about that. I'm saying that there are plenty of people (who'd likely never admit it) that just want to get their gun off and a dog becomes their target because they're more likely to get away with it.

And they're too lazy to go hunting.

I reached that conclusion based of the comment of him seemingly wanting to try out his gun. I have no problem shooting a dog as a last resort but it's not my first move.

User Tag List