Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coming to a PC Agency Near You.

Coming to a PC Agency Near You.

Behold, the Identilock. An anti-self defense bureaucrat's dream come true.

The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Will the Saucer & Teacup grip be mandated as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you look at the video, you'll see that it's just a biometric gun lock that falls away when you place your finger on the scanning spot. It's similar to a biometric gun safe.

No, teacup hold not needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    $319 for a tiny biometric gun safe that makes no provisions against theft or fire?

"Cheap biometric scanners always work," as I throw my iPhone 6 at the wall after washing my hands.

Coming to a PC Agency Near You.

You know, my initial reaction to this was negative as well, probably because the narrator is such an obvious Obama fan. However, after thinking about it for a minute, I don't see how this is "smart-gun" technology in any way. It is essentially a bio-metric gun safe, albeit one which appears useless for preventing firearm theft.

I would have to see some reviews of it tested hard with wet hands, etc. before I would entertain owning one but in some ways I like it for what it really is. That is, simply a way to keep your nightstand gun accessible and (theoretically) capable of being brought into action in about as much time as a fast draw (well maybe not a fast draw for most of you here, but for me) but preventing unauthorized use. I can see some uses if it works as promised.

It is unfortunate the toady narrating the video couched it in terms of "smart-gun" technology. He sure didn't do the manufacturer of this thing any favors!
    Last edited by Rick_ICT; 01-10-2016 at 03:56 PM. Reason: My initial description of the narrator as a devotee of our CiC was better suited to the romper room.

So, the gov't is spending tax payers money on a fledgling industry. Sounds like a Solyndra type waste of money. It took from the very early 1900's to the 70's for law enforcement and some other high speed, non-military folks to replace their revolvers for personal defense. I see this taking at least 100 years before this tech gains any mainstream acceptance or profitability. Some of the two most popular weapons were designed around the time of 1911 and the fify's (AR-15). We gun loving people do not adopt new designs in a quick manner.

So... It's the VG2 of gunsafes?

Now if we can criminals to use them lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -- Winston Churchill
    C.A. P.C. 832

The road to hell is paved with good intensions.

User Tag List