Thread: RFI, Introctory training, DFW area

RFI, Introctory training, DFW area

On our recent cruise, we were tablemates at dinner one night with a couple from the Dallas/Fort worth area. They told us that they had taken the CHL class 7 months ago, that he had passed and was still waiting on his permit, but that she had not passed the shooting test. I suggested that, as it was her first time shooting a firearm, that perhaps she should seek a "How To Shoot" class first. A "Ladies Only" class might (or might not) be appreciated.

So, any suggestions? I believe they said they were from, or near, Temple, which I am waiting on an email to confirm. (IIRC, Temple is closer to Waco than Dallas, and I suspect that they had tired of trying to tell folks where they were from. They told me this after I mentioned time spent in San Angelo, "Not the middle of nowhere, but you can see it from there...")

Anyway, TIA for any recommendations you can give.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    I'm from Temple. It's about two and a half hours south of D/FW. KR Training is in Bryan, not too far away, and Tiger Valley is in Waco. I have not trained at either, but have heard good things about both.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

We have a 1 day basic class at the end of Feb.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Where can we register for this course. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I had recommended HiTS, just updated email with this tidbit. (Which I could not find on the website, apologies if I simply missed it.)
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

I ll have a link on Facebook today or tomorrow. On here as well.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 01-11-2016 at 05:41 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    If your friend has waited 7 months for his permit, he's failed to catch something in the process. Either he's not completed some part of the application (prints are done separately via a specific 3rd party that you have to make an appointment to visit, for example), or he's failed to notice a request from DPS for some additional information, etc. It's a 30 day process from the time you submit the last bit of information required for your application. DPS has 60 days, IIRC, but my wife got her's last year in 30 days+/- and I'm seeing reports that it's still about that time frame today.

Also FYI... his class certificate expires if his complete application is not submitted in xx time... I think xx = 12 months, IIRC.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List