Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brass Knuckles....

Quote Originally Posted by JDM View Post
    Maybe I don't understand how to use them, but every set of brass knuckles I've ever encountered seemed like an appliance to break a bunch of your own hand bones.
    Small pieces of foam pipe insulation taped to the "paper weight" will minimize damage to your hands.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Base braces against palm heel. This force and rigidity is transferred to the metal bar/rings that cover your fingers. Kind of like a blunt push dagger.

Partner and I took a pair off a cat during a warrant arrest a couple weeks ago.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM View Post
    Maybe I don't understand how to use them, but every set of brass knuckles I've ever encountered seemed like an appliance to break a bunch of your own hand bones.
    Nah, do it right and you don't feel much of anything other than in your palm. Punching people bare knuckles is great way to break your own hand bones. I learned what a Boxer's Fracture was pretty early in my career...

I worked a domestic this past spring where adult (habitual drunk) son used a set on his father...tuned him up pretty good too. We don't see them too often though; maybe a few times per year.
    "Will this work so that I can use it instinctively in vital combat against an opponent who is determined to prevent me from doing so, and who is striving to eliminate me by fair means or foul?" ~ Col. Rex Applegate

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    How much do these show up at crime scenes these days?

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/W...ng-6735737.php
    They can be bought at most gun shows and/or flea markets. I believe they're called "paper weights".

I had one case with brass knuckles. Suspect was showing off his new set of brass knuckles. Victim told suspect that "only pussies use brass knuckles." Suspected then proceeded to beat victim with said brass knuckles. When suspected was arrested the next day, he was wearing a shirt with a picture of brass knuckles on it that said "talk shit, get hit." The shirt was entered into evidence.

FYI, in California:
    Penal Code
    21810. Except as provided in Chapter 1 (commencing with Section
    17700) of Division 2 of Title 2, any person in this state who
    manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state,
    keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives, lends,
    or possesses any metal knuckles is punishable by imprisonment in a
    county jail not exceeding one year or imprisonment pursuant to
    subdivision (h) of Section 1170.

I worked an assault this summer where a victim was worked over with brass knuckles by one suspect in a 10-on-1 gang-related beat down. I just heard that on off duty gang detective at an agency not too far away was identified as a police officer in his driveway (along with another off-duty officer) by two Nortenos, and he was beaten down with brass knuckles. Required surgery on his face, apparently it was pretty ugly.
    Last edited by john c; 01-11-2016 at 09:26 PM.

Site Supporter
    Girl in my high high school worked her "friend" over with a combination lock...some debate over a baby daddy. Stitches were needed

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk

User Tag List