Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brass Knuckles....

Brass Knuckles....

How much do these show up at crime scenes these days?

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/W...ng-6735737.php

I have not seen any brass knuckles at any crimes scenes I have worked in 12 years.

In 23 years, I've seen exactly one set. And that was about 20 years ago.

I found them once in a very blue moon. Possession was a crime with them, so crooks kind of avoided them as a guarantee to go to jail if they were found during a search by LE. They were very risky for parolees and probationers as there was no way to explain them away. It was far easier to use things like sharpened screw drivers or fist load other tools if needed. That was what caused my eye and head injury was getting hit in the orbital with a fist loaded crescent wrench.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    A Google News search for brass knuckles shows a bunch of articles.

I charged a guy in August for possessing a set after a foot pursuit.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I see them rarely, but blunt object assaults don't come to my office unless it's critical condition or worse. The few incidents I've seen have usually been juveniles.

Honestly they used to be very hot, one summer i found a pair every weekend almost but it seems now people got tired of them.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Brass Knuckles....

Maybe I don't understand how to use them, but every set of brass knuckles I've ever encountered seemed like an appliance to break a bunch of your own hand bones.
    Last edited by JDM; 01-08-2016 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Word math remains hard.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Honestly they used to be very hot, one summer i found a pair every weekend almost but it seems now people got tired of them.
    I very much think this is sort of a regional thing. I would imagine in every major city in the North East, they are part of the culture.

I was just looking recently on auction sites for a LE set as they were cop tools back in the day. I thought they would be neat to display with some of my depression era revolvers.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List