Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Phila Officer ambushed by islamic extremist

Phila Officer ambushed by islamic extremist

Above is Officer Jesse Hartnett, 5 years on the job and was at 60th and Spruce (link to google maps) when he was ambushed by a black male wearing white muslim garb.

Officer Hartnett sustained 3 shots to his left arm, returned fire striking the POS who fled and was later caught.

Coverage and more footage here -> http://6abc.com/news/images-released...ficer/1150918/

There is a video out there, if I come across it I'll post it.

Keep your head on a swivel guys, radical islamic terrorists are here and they are targeting us.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Best wishes to the officer and his recovery.
    Last edited by Peally; 01-08-2016 at 12:17 PM.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Top photo, is the POS using inquartata?

Always one of my fears in a marked car. Have a second gun that's easy to get to while seat belted in.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Top photo, is the POS using inquartata?

Always one of my fears in a marked car. Have a second gun that's easy to get to while seat belted in.
    Cars are bullet magnets.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Good job and hope he recovers well. How bad is his arm?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Good job and hope he recovers well. How bad is his arm?
    Reports are its fractured in several places, sorta like yours just more and worse.
    VDMSR.com

I'm afraid your head won't swivel enough to prevent many of these attacks .....

In a similar set of circumstances, a LE friend of mine in a neighboring jurisdiction was the victim of an unprovoked ambush many years ago by a shotgun wielding thug. He had to roll away from the open window in his attempt to avoid the muzzle (almost contact distance) which prevented him from drawing his service gun. His defensive reaction caused the shot load to be a glancing impact instead of straight on shot and he was able to draw his BUG from an ankle holster and return fire, hitting his attacker several times

This is one of the best real-life case examples that I know of for alternative carry positions while seated/buckled in your car. The ankle rig pretty much saved his life.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Reports right now are that the attacker used a stolen police firearm.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

IMO if possible it's a good time to use the gas pedal and create a lot of space. One thing I see very few cops do anymore when they are in their cars and doing reports (or whatever) is leave the car in gear and use the parking brake to hold the vehicle. There's a monumental time difference between hitting the gas and brake-shift in gear-gas.

This is a good safety lesson for all of us. I've gotten really lazy about doing this exact thing. Someone flags me down, and I stop and roll down the window. There's nothing difficult about driving down the street, turning around and getting decent positioning and out of the car.
    Last edited by pablo; 01-08-2016 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Reports right now are that the attacker used a stolen police firearm.
    You mean he didn't do a background check? Imagine that.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List