Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: G2 Civic Duty?

Not sure if I annoyed you, but what I was referring to is that the Cletus virus thrives here. Guys have those little deer run off due to a poorly-placed shot, and naturally assume they need a bigger, more powerful gun.

In re expansion results, we had one 124gr Gold Dot, dug out of the thoracic cavity of a deceased miscreant, that was a classic mushroom and could have been used in an advertisement for bullet expansion. But, again, it had not expanded nearly as much as those shot into the water tank.

Do you guys have any examples of 147gr HST in "real life" examples? We always see the perfect flower of death pictures online. I'm heavily invested in the cartridge because of how reliable and accurate the load is for me.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Do you guys have any examples of 147gr HST in "real life" examples? We always see the perfect flower of death pictures online. I'm heavily invested in the cartridge because of how reliable and accurate the load is for me.
    The two bullets I have seen that have hit real people looked like the four layer denim test bullets. Same-same with all of the 124gr +P Gold Dots that I have seen taken from people who were on the losing end of one of our OISs.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Yup, service caliber handgun bullets removed from people at surgery or autopsy tend to look a lot like 4LD testing--almost like there is a good reason why we emphasize tests using 4LD....
    Last edited by DocGKR; 01-09-2016 at 11:03 AM.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    The two bullets I have seen that have hit real people looked like the four layer denim test bullets. Same-same with all of the 124gr +P Gold Dots that I have seen taken from people who were on the losing end of one of our OISs.
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Yup, service caliber handgun bullets removed from people at surgery or autopsy tend to look a lot like 4LD testing--almost like there is a good reason why we emphasize tests using 4LD....
    Great! Thank you both, that's all I needed to re-confirm. I posted in one of the long range accuracy threads and noted several five shot, sub 4" groups from 50 yards with my Glock 26. Very happy with the performance and lack of recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Not sure if I annoyed you, but what I was referring to is that the Cletus virus thrives here. Guys have those little deer run off due to a poorly-placed shot, and naturally assume they need a bigger, more powerful gun.

In re expansion results, we had one 124gr Gold Dot, dug out of the thoracic cavity of a deceased miscreant, that was a classic mushroom and could have been used in an advertisement for bullet expansion. But, again, it had not expanded nearly as much as those shot into the water tank.

Nah, I know what you meant. I think those kind live just about everywhere.

remind me why we're wasting money or bandwidth on G2

Never mind; brain fart.

Last edited by LSP972; 01-10-2016 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    remind me why we're wasting money or bandwidth on G2
    Because it is another excuse to shoot water jugs, which is fun even if it isn't very scientifically reliable?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Because it is another excuse to shoot water jugs, which is fun even if it isn't very scientifically reliable?
    Yes, but that ammo is, like, several dollars per cartridge. Expensive fun…

User Tag List